Developers HALP PLES! (summoner questions)

Hey guys, developers specifically i hope could answer these questions:

1) Desecrate, the new skill summons corpses, which can be used to raise specters, there's a few theories out there which are pretty hard to prove or disprove - does desecrate spawn corpses based on skill level or the area level?

2) Raised specters are dropped to the level of the current area,
- does that happen in the Eternal Library too? Does that mean we are always limited to using lvl 66 specters in maps?
- champion mobs +1 and rare mobs +2 levels, are they dropped to the level of the zone or do they remain the higher level unless you rezone into the same area (or an area with lower level)

3) When specters are summoned - there's a 'snapshot' mechanic, it snapshots any variables pertaining to minion summoning, but does it 'snapshot' item rarity equipped on the character at that time too?

4) If desecrate summons corpses based on skill level, for example desecrating lvl 66 corpses in a lvl 60 area, then using a raise specter on those - is the specter lvl 60 or 66?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Chris mentioned that perhaps Mark and Daniel would be able to answer these :)
Last edited by nieth79 on Feb 12, 2014, 3:06:16 AM
DEV info for the first question:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
gr00grams wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.6b
  • Fixed a bug where corpses created by Desecrate weren't limited by the level requirement of the gem.

It would be nice if we knew the level range desecrate could summon.
i.e. level 20 gem = +2 to corpse level? Or is it a static level? Like, if the gem has a min requirement of level 69, does this mean it might summon level 71 specters? (69 +2?)

Anyone from GGG can tell us exactly how this works? That would be really swell.
Please?

It is based on the level requirement of the game. So a Desecrate that has just dropped (level one of the gem) has a requirement of 19. It will create level 19 corpses.

Second one:
"
Spectres are downscaled with zone level. So "level 70" Spectre in a level 25 zone will be level 25. However a level 25 Spectre will still be level 25 in a level 50 zone.

and part two (about champion\unique):
You still raise normal "copy" of the monster (and can't raise Uniq ones at all) - so their level will be "map level", not +1 or +2 (that +1\+2 are used for loot calculations)

3) never used snapshot, can't help, sorry =(

4) first quote
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Thanks Haruka, but the question 2) Eternal libriary is lvl 66, so does that mean that every time we zone in all our specters are lvl 66 from then on even before we get into the map? That implies that there's no point whatsoever to summon anything above lvl 66 unless you are just going to use it for that particular map
1. Desecrate spawns corpses based on skill level but area level is also the limiting factor, so, whichever is lower will be the limit.

2. Spectres...
- will drop to the level of the are you are in, so if you raised a spectre in a level 72 map and you enter a level 66 map it will downscale to level 66, if you enter a level 75 map it will still be level 72.
- you raise spectres as normal enemies, doesn't matter if you used a champion enemy corpse.

3. No, Item rarity can't apply to minions, only item find support gems can. So, for example, wheel of the stormsail won't work with necro aegis. Global item rarity from items kinda works on level above, it doesn't apply directly to your actions or your minions but works on any kill attributed to you, doesn't matter if you did it with your own hands or not.

4. Check #1.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I am asking about rarity with the snapshot because i can see the effects of it:
summoning specters with the normal MF gear i have on i get a fair bit, switching out to the pure summoning gear swapping out the helm, boots, amulet, and a ring to have enough stats i lose a lot of rarity from gear when i raise the specters, and i can see the notable difference in the loot dropped by the 2 methods, hence i am asking the developers to actualy verify this matter.
"
nieth79 wrote:
I am asking about rarity with the snapshot because i can see the effects of it:

Your eyes are deceiving you, it doesn't work that way. Global rarity from items never explicitly applied to them, there's nothing to snapshot.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
nieth79 wrote:
1) Desecrate, the new skill summons corpses, which can be used to raise specters, there's a few theories out there which are pretty hard to prove or disprove - does desecrate spawn corpses based on skill level or the area level?
It summons corpses of the area level, limited to a maximum level which is set on the gem, I believe this is still it's level requirement, like most summoning gems (there's been changes to this but I don't think they made it to the realm yet).

"
nieth79 wrote:
2) Raised specters are dropped to the level of the current area,
- does that happen in the Eternal Library too? Does that mean we are always limited to using lvl 66 specters in maps?
A spectre taken to any given area will be at either the level it was raised at, or the level of that area, whichever is lower. Taking them to a very low level area and then back to a high one won't affect them, only their original base level and the level of the current area are checked.
"
nieth79 wrote:
- champion mobs +1 and rare mobs +2 levels
No, they don't. They are the same level as their area - they just drop items with +1 or +2 to their itemlevel respectively.

"
nieth79 wrote:
3) When specters are summoned - there's a 'snapshot' mechanic, it snapshots any variables pertaining to minion summoning, but does it 'snapshot' item rarity equipped on the character at that time too?
No. Your stats are not snapshotted. Wehn the spectre kills something, the IIQ/IIR from support gems on the minion are applied as part of the killing damage, and then the kill is assigned to you and your current IIQ/IIR gear is applied exactly the same as it would be if you'd killed the thing.

"
nieth79 wrote:
4) If desecrate summons corpses based on skill level, for example desecrating lvl 66 corpses in a lvl 60 area, then using a raise specter on those - is the specter lvl 60 or 66?
A spectre gets it's base level from the corpse (but will be lower level if currently in a lower-level area as above. This can't happen on summoning from desecrate, since desecrate can't create corpses above the level of the area).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 12, 2014, 6:30:45 PM
Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated,

Just one last thing - the Eternal Libriary is level 66, does that imply that whichever specter we summon, (say lvl 68) from the Spectre of Gods, it will be downgraded to 66 once we enter Eternal Libriary, hence we can never enter a map with any specter above level 66, unless raised in that particular map itself
mark already explained it (spectre current lvl=min(spectre original level, area level)) but I'll just make it clear for you

if you summon a lvl75 spectre (in a map, obviously), then take it for a walk in a1 hillock, it will be lvl1

if you then go to sceptre of god merciless with that same spectre, it will be lvl68

if you go to a lvl77 map, it will be lvl75 again (its max)
Last edited by elvy on Feb 12, 2014, 11:53:21 PM
Blah, didn't quite read it carefully enough the first two times, thanks for the note, that's very helpful indeed, Thanks Chris as well
Last edited by nieth79 on Feb 13, 2014, 12:25:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info