Anyone else notice jeweller's orbs being less friendly RNG?

"
sidtherat wrote:

this entire concept of sockets and links is badly designed grind-prolonger. enl4rg3 y0ur gr1n0!

It's designed as grind-prolonger, but works as rage-quit-generator instead. People do quit the game because of that fusing shit.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Feb 17, 2014, 1:21:36 PM
I've certainly noticed I have zero RNG luck with jewelers right now. Been trying to 6 socket my ilvl 70 chest piece. I've gone though ~600 jewelers and 220 straight yesterday with no 6 socket. Made me rage quit playing for the rest of the day yesterday. Meanwhile you have people getting multiple 6 sockets in less than 20. So got damn ridiculous.

523 Jewellers, 24 fusings
190 Jewelers into a bow I'm trying to 6s and I haven't even seen a 5S yet...mechanics of this are beyond stupid.
"
overt1me wrote:
190 Jewelers into a bow I'm trying to 6s and I haven't even seen a 5S yet...mechanics of this are beyond stupid.

not even a 4s for 190jew? you sure it has the ilvl for 6s?
"
shroudb wrote:
"
overt1me wrote:

not even a 4s for 190jew? you sure it has the ilvl for 6s?

Oh I've seen 4S a number of times...just never a 5S (let alone a 6S). The bow is ilvl 78...
Update...up to 240 jewelers now and I have seen 5S twice in the past 50 tries. Of course, that dose nothing for me so...
I agree, jewellers and fusings are pure shit. They should be non-destructive, so that players do not rage quit.
Come on GGG, have the guts to make this change to the game.
That is, make the game more fun for the majority while kicking the hard-corers in the arse.

Try using armor scraps/wetstones before going for a 6 socket. It SUBSTANTIALLY improves your odds.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
Try using armor scraps/wetstones before going for a 6 socket. It SUBSTANTIALLY improves your odds.

Proof?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info