Anyone else notice jeweller's orbs being less friendly RNG?

Since last patch really. An entire stack and can't even get 4 sockets on a level 70 or lower item. And this has been on weapons that can take 6 sockets so not sure why I'm getting busted on just 4. Has happened 5 times this past week just wondered if anyone else noticed. I know about bad streaks but this was over days. Worst was 32 orbs for 4 sockets.
There pretty fucking brutal yes lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
raziekeljr wrote:
Since last patch really. An entire stack and can't even get 4 sockets on a level 70 or lower item. And this has been on weapons that can take 6 sockets so not sure why I'm getting busted on just 4. Has happened 5 times this past week just wondered if anyone else noticed. I know about bad streaks but this was over days. Worst was 32 orbs for 4 sockets.

For one, bad streaks has nothing to do with the number of days or anything else. Second, no, GGG did not change any drop/orb rates. Third, since it happened 5 times you said, with the worst being 32 orbs, that means you used less than 150 orbs, which is nowhere near the amount required to even make a solid guess on what the probabilities are. You're just having bad luck.
Yesterday I rolled 6 sockets with 5 jewellers. That was my lucky day. I guess this was just your unlucky day.
Found a Solaris Lorica yesterday , grabbed a stack of Jewellers and got 6 sockets in 15 tries .

For 3 chars yesterday I made 3 x 4 socket items and got 4 sockets between 1 and 3 tries , fused all links on said items for 7 fusings , now , where is that lottery ticket .

Just a pity I have 0 fusings , might of tried linking the lorica :)
ROFL @ Hardcore in this game . ALT F4 for FTW . Hardcore my arse .
I took me over 60 to 4 socket a pair of boots yesterday.

The boots themselves only cost 1C.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Feb 17, 2014, 9:12:14 AM
inb4 RNG is RNG
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
burned over 200 jewelers on my god dam
Cloak of Defiance..still no 6s.
Now i am broke...back to farming

6s in less than 20 (30?) jewelers. dont ask me why i try to 5/6Link it..

i do not even consider buying non 4L boots or gloves as my luck with 4s/4l them is BRUTAL

this entire concept of sockets and links is badly designed grind-prolonger. enl4rg3 y0ur gr1n0!

after 30 more jewelers
i should really leave it alone for now lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info