(Marauder) questions

Hello,
I just hit level 18 marauder, but i still have many questions.
I use a one handed axe and a shield, now my axe has 3 spots for 3 red gems, it looks like:

O-O
O
I have
skills: cleave, anger and heavy strike
support: added fire damage and life gain on hit

Do i have to add both support skills in the O-O top row of the axe? Or do I add there 1 support skill and 1 attack skill? and does it matter which attack skill then?

second question;
In the skill tree i find "endurance charges". If i understand correctly this adds +5% damage and +5% resistance. But is it permanent or how do i activate it?

and third question,
The anger gem i have is very nice and gives a permanent attack buff. However i cant level it up anymore, because i do not have enough INT. Should i just stop levelling up the gem? but its only level 1. Or should i add some int, that i will not use on anything else...?

Spoiler
And the skill tree I plan to get in the end if you care;
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLRkuIQIn7TAZNuhHflBQVElXDVhjWK9fP2BLZU1lp3KpdO1673uMfNmE2YTvjM-RzpWbns2nMKvFrKqsr7ndu-3G2NIh2WHiYeRR51Lnru8O8i_2SPe-FFIl3xv6pBnEWCfVPfx8uCkukFWnhBo47Dg62E3YjHaePIFvBLPwH6IAtPkCce9OKLVgiGFSn8tWBIZgOlLfv2Eh4uoB3BRNah5E56gYajsg8BznouoS4VjbU98UIFBHKvZZ88Aa
Question 1: You need to have a skill gem, such as cleave in one of the linked slots. Then to have a support gem work for that skill, it needs to be linked. This allows for extreme combos later when you receive 6 linked slots in chest items that allow 1 skill to have 5 support gems making it very strong.

Question 2: Its an ability that taunts nearby monsters to fight you. It also applies a charge of a buff that reduces incoming damage. It lasts 10 seconds and is refreshed every time you use it within range of enemies.

Question 3: I use anger on my level 50 Marauder and my gem is at level 10, requiring approx 40 intelligence. This is bad for me, as I only have this much intelligence due to decent gear having small amounts of intelligence on it. Its okay to use if you keep it around level 4-5 but after that, you don't want to level it any more as it will require more and more intelligence to use.
Only the misfortune of exile can provide the in-depth understanding and the overview into the realities of the world.
here's a cleaner build for you if you like. I moved some nodes around to get you more armor and be a little more efficient

cleaner build
So if i understand correctly, if i add the +6 hp per hit (life gain on hit) on the cleave.
Then I only get hp by hitting the enemy with the cleave skill? And my cleave skill costs 150% of its normal mana.

As for the skill tree you have changed, in the beginning, just after the diamond skin skill, i already took the two 15% fire resistance orbs, because i found that my defence was good, however my magic defence was low.
You removed them again in the skill tree, so it was a bad move?

And thanks a lot for helping me out. So many new things once you start the game at first heh :D
Last edited by Salveros on Jan 28, 2013, 5:07:39 AM
"
Salveros wrote:
So if i understand correctly, if i add the +6 hp per hit (life gain on hit) on the cleave.
Then I only get hp by hitting the enemy with the cleave skill?

And thanks a lot for helping me out. So many new things once you start the game at first heh :D

Yes that is correct, you have to attach the specific support gem (i.e life gain on hit) to the specific skill, so in your case, cleave will be the only skill giving you lift on hit when you use it.

Yeah mate it is hard when you first start, completely different engine to other games; interesting though so stick with it and it'll become easier as you get further into it.

I just realised the fact that you must add support gem's to the specific skills you want - insane kind of mechanism.
"
Salveros wrote:
Then I only get hp by hitting the enemy with the cleave skill? And my cleave skill costs 150% of its normal mana.

As for the skill tree you have changed, in the beginning, just after the diamond skin skill, i already took the two 15% fire resistance orbs, because i found that my defence was good, however my magic defence was low.
You removed them again in the skill tree, so it was a bad move?

you can take the resist nodes early and then remove them in late game cause you'll have lots of resist on gear
yeah, i only died once now. That was in ACT II on the 2nd layer of the sins dungeon.
It was a room i entered and suddenly 300 magic bolts came towards me hehe.

But I will try again with 2 lightning resistance rings (i saved up 2 of each element in my stash and normally i equip 2 rings to increase loot ^^)

Also one more question. The anger skill, in order to level it up it requires some int.
But soon i will get the passive skill that all skills require hp to work and not mana. So I will not use any mana or int at all.
Should I sell this anger skill since I cant get it above level 1 now....
"
Salveros wrote:
yeah, i only died once now. That was in ACT II on the 2nd layer of the sins dungeon.
It was a room i entered and suddenly 300 magic bolts came towards me hehe.

But I will try again with 2 lightning resistance rings (i saved up 2 of each element in my stash and normally i equip 2 rings to increase loot ^^)

Also one more question. The anger skill, in order to level it up it requires some int.
But soon i will get the passive skill that all skills require hp to work and not mana. So I will not use any mana or int at all.
Should I sell this anger skill since I cant get it above level 1 now....

taking BM is great but just make sure you have enough hp regen to spam your skills before you take it, as for the anger gem, just keep it and take a +30 int node either one above the mara starting area or down by BM
Thanks as lot.
Your tips help me a lot. :D :D I am lev28 marauder now and its awesome!
Also the "gain life on hit" support gem gives +6 hp for each enemy i hit with cleave (AoE) while cleave only costs 12 hp to use. So i use this as main attack on LMB now.

ps. can i add you in game?
"
Salveros wrote:
Thanks as lot.
Your tips help me a lot. :D :D I am lev28 marauder now and its awesome!
Also the "gain life on hit" support gem gives +6 hp for each enemy i hit with cleave (AoE) while cleave only costs 12 hp to use. So i use this as main attack on LMB now.

ps. can i add you in game?

sure, ign is Banezilla

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info