Season Six, Event 151: 1 Hour Descent Champions

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

You are able to read up information regarding Descent: Champions events here

Dead characters will still be able to receive reward points in Descent: Champions events.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 26: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 22-25: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 19-21: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 16-18: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 13-15: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 10-12: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 6-9: 1 Reward Point

Alternate Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
  • Defeat Rukuku, the Pagan God: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat The Brute: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat Hatestorm: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat Avatar of the Tempest: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat General Gravicius: 1 Reward Point

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Freezing Chamber: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty The Obelisks of Faith: 2 Reward Points

Random Prizes:
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:
  • Alternate Art Perandus Blazon Unique Item (20 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Aurumvorax Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Goldwyrm Unique Item (20 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Amethyst Ring Item (20 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Death Rush Unique Item (10 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Andvarius Unique Item (5 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Meginord's Girdle (1 available to be won)
The desync in this race was the worst I have ever had... Problems with the servers?
Descent can be such a joke. Seriously.
I've spent at least 5 minutes on both the first and second level each, and i was trying as hard as i could. Still, i could not locate the exits in any justifiable time. I was bee-lining to one of the usual locations as far as i could, but i always ended up checking 5 rooms that turned out to be dead ends. It's just so ridiculous.

Yes, it's random, just like the drops, but forcing us to full clear (because, at least as ranger, you will just straight up die if you rush through, even if you keep flasking with that unique belt equipped and never running out of flasks, some pack of mobs will just stunlock you to death) the entire area if we're unlucky is just no comparison.

This is by far not the first descent race i'm doing, but so far i've encountered nothing more frustrating than being unable to locate the exits in those halls. You get to cointoss where to go, if you guessed wrong you lose 10% of the total race time. It's just completely out of proportion.
Last edited by MauranKilom on Feb 16, 2014, 6:24:12 PM
instakill due to 11 lit res

that is, again, hence my name
Last edited by boof on Feb 16, 2014, 6:47:27 PM
Was having best descent I've ever done when ping just flatlined at 700ms. Dunno if it was server side or my side. Very Sad.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
so apparently the lightning warp at the beginning can hit for one fucking hundred damage

kept getting bullshit packs full of arc bitches at the end and not a lot of lightning res of gear
Last edited by Pam on Feb 16, 2014, 6:57:24 PM
I dont know how people get though inner hals 3, in my opinion its harder then killing the end boss :D
"
majesw wrote:
The desync in this race was the worst I have ever had... Problems with the servers?

Server issues. I had a stable Ping at 50 but I had to attack every enemy group 3-4 times to even hit something. After a while I used /oos a lot and it showed me, that my character desynced a few steps even if nothing was going on besides me running a bit.
had extreme desync problems in the first 2 areas, got better after that.
started slow and played it safe.
also got some very nice drops this time.
my best descent champions so far :)

also finally got to use a morror :p
Last edited by storzi on Feb 16, 2014, 7:06:40 PM
everything was fine, better than average, except for the first few minutes when I was trying to guess where the exit of the first level was and ended up killing almost all monsters in almost every room ... wasting so much time ...

but the stupidest thing is, I was in stormy ledge and at level 16's door ... then I tried to craft some equipment. by the time I was half-done, I noticed the little message "league has finished" ... ARRRGGG !
should have rushed to level 16, it would have give me one more race point. well, 4+1+1 is not bad, but it's my usual result...
Everytime I yank a jawbone from a skull, then ram it in an eyesocket, I know I'm buildin' a better future !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info