Who hates sports?

If you do then piss off to some other thread about video games (just joking kinda).

Hating sports because other people enjoy it or because you can't do what they can are pretty shitty reasons.

The argument about sport taking up to many resources that could be spent in a more constructive humanitarian way is in some way valid and that it's use is simply to blind the sheeple into accepting their mundane worker drone existence.

Those are good points against sport but there are plenty of positivity to be taken as well.

I will assume that whomever reads this has been attracted to POE for it's role-playing amongst other things. Then role-play this scenario: Your at the top of the highest diving platform dressed in a costume that could be best described as minimalist. You are about to launch yourself backwards off the platform, attempting to spin yourself three complete turns and land in the water with your hands outstretched at precisely the right moment. Failure doesn't just mean a low score, it could mean potentially life threatening injuries.

That was just one example of a single sporting moment that happens everywhere all the time.

So my question to the sport haters...why?

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

i acutally love sports, here is a gif to illustrate how good i am at sports:

But seriously, i do like them, but i do not like the team vs team ones where 20 people run around for 2 hours chasing a god damn ball like fucking potato kids

The sports i like and the ones i have been doing for a long ass time, climbing, caving, bouldering, and i do occasionally play football when a lot of friends get together and we start drinking and making food, but i cant stand watching football and rooting or fighting over a team
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Feb 10, 2014, 6:18:01 AM
I don't like team sports. That's about it, I can appreciate almost any other.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Don't hate sports, just hate the local soccer fan communities. Also only the loud, drunk ones. :P

Love curling. I could play/watch curling all day.
I don´t like sports because it burns calories
took me like 20 years to gain the last 10 necessary kilos to be considered a standard human unit. Nothing more annoying than standing daily on scales and never see the necessary weightincrease.
Figured only a combination of all 3 faktors, beeing a lazy brick at work, stopping smoking and not making sports would do the trick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Lachdanan wrote:
I don´t like sports because it burns calories
took me like 20 years to gain the last 10 necessary kilos to be considered a standard human unit.

Wrong.

I am ectomorphic too and when I game all days eating chips and drinking soda I literally loose weight. People like you and me can't count on fat - build muscle instead. I have to work out now after I've lost my job that involved a lot's of physical excercise, otherwise I'd go back to my university years weight. Good thing is that it doesn't take an arnold level of lifting weights to look damn good when you have no body fat.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Love and hate of sports is both a mental reaction and a physical one.

I love playing Futball (soccer to my fellow Americans). I still want to play it, but my body wont let me. I have no interest in watching it. Ever.

Football is my favorite sport to watch. Never wanted to play it.

I use to play Pool (8 ball) semi-professionally. Not anymore, but while I love playing it..., Wont watch it.

I've been to a couple of Professional baseball games. If I never see one again, no big loss.

Basketball? Blah.

Golf? Not a sport. Its a practical joke the Scots played on the rest of the world and no one has noticed yet.

Tour de France? Really? Nascar is more exciting! The crashes at least have a greater chance to kill the spectators.

I could go on, but fuck it. Peace out!

The sports are fine. The rabid fans are not. I hate the soccer / football fanbases.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
I hate almost all team sports... although Basketball is pretty fun watching. But i like doing the "solo-sports" (i play tennis and i'm good at swiming).
Sports is the epitome that represents our societies methodology: all problems can be solved through violence.

Not only are they a waste, they encourage childlike mentality and behavior. Such as problem-solving through violence.

Somewhere in humanities past I think there was a real chance to embrace the unity that society enforces and to put violent behavior in the past but that is a chance that has long been missed.

Professional Sports are like a tribute to the chaos that envelops society. The epitomization of unreason and dislogic refined into it's absolute purest form of mindless barbarity.

The modern age is one with no heroes, no great altruists, no shining beacons of morality or integrity. Instead, they are content to worship rockstars and sportsheroes. Is it bad to do so, morally corrupt, derelict, and a perversion of natural impetus, to focus on the trivial while ignoring the important? You bet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info