[Nemesis] Flame Totem Mara (WIP)

The idea of this build is to pump up dual flame totems while still maintaining a healthy life pool with blood magic. The items needed would be AR based to maximize the bonus, and a luxury item would be a rathpith or an aegis to capitalize on a decent block chance.

The extreme mana cost is the reason that I go for blood magic. The only aura I would ever consider would be vitality with a prism guardian and the 40% reduction node, but that is still 26% of my life.

Mostly posted for my own records, however if anyone has any kind of constructive criticism or optimization I will happily accept. I do have experience as my highest leveled character is a flame totem templar, and I think a mara can do it better.

The main links for the build would be:

Flame totem > LMP or GMP > Fire Pen > Minion res (5 or 6 link would add culling or IIR)

Searing Totem > Increased Burning > (Need ideas and research for more links)

For bandits I will say my personal favorite for this type of character is Oak/passive/passive

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_Pfx8uCku1I-53fIv7w4ZLift892sqlnzKhNaKyyncqn3MvjrSsR4aVjlxPY8LfAfBLMCcaIAFE026eNq-tJwfYBWT31RYBoyqZVmnh0UTDUoxfO-uJOnlF5d0f2j8sMT9q7GrhDM-JN7IP6HpwiPRtDQz2VVxhZvQaoUcQYOY_0lrQn2wBortoxGkFXfv0z_r2zFiqcwFCBQR7c-_grnY4jxrFk1kv6PTeOmVzrh8kWnhBo4jAakrCSqGYU=

Spoiler

Changelog
-Added Bandit choice
-Changed to a more life based build
-Added 16% life and 30% life from flasks to round the build out at 100 points

Last edited by BakedMacaque on Feb 10, 2014, 4:34:52 AM
Well i think that your life is way too low to play as a Blood Magic : /
And only 2.5% hp regen? How much will ya have per sec? 100? 120?
I could get a significant amount of increased life if I were to drop the 10 or so nodes I take for ES. This is not a bad option I will mock up a tree to see how this looks.

came up with the life wheel at scion for an 84% life increase (with 1 extra point) and I lose the armor/ES and some resistance to gain it. This is not a bad way to go at all. It is also *only* 97 points.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_Pfx8uCkuZ5vUj7nd8i_vDhkuJ-3z3ayqWfMqE1orLKdyqfcy-OtKxHhpWOXE9jwt8B8EswJxogAUTTbp42r60nB9gFZPfVFgGjKplWaeHRRMNSjF8764k6eUXl3R_aPywxP2rsauEMz4k3sg_oenCI9G0NDPZVXGFm9BqhRxBg5j_SWtCfbAGiu2jEaQVd-_TP-vbMWKpzAUIFBHtz7-CudjiPGsWTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRaeEGjg=
Last edited by BakedMacaque on Feb 10, 2014, 4:25:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info