help, i think i've played every good game thats been made

"
bhavv wrote:
Have you played kingdoms of amulur yet? Its amazing.

i tried it, got bored cause the gameplay felt felt too consoleish
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Too bad. I just got Dark Souls working though, just had to reinstall the rubbish that is GFWL.

Preparing to die, as it tells me I should :(
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Saints Row 4 was surprisingly good. goofy bu fun story, tons of throwbacks to old games and you get superpowers. I usually dont get into the GTA style games but this one grabbed me.

lets see since you seem to put a heavy focus on story that makes it a bit tougher...

if you like metroidvanias i would recommend Guacamelee. its fairly short(7 hours or so) but really fucking fantastic in terms of game-play and the story while a bit silly is entertaining enough. Unepic is also a pretty good one also a goofy story that's mostly unimportant but can be funny at times the gameplay again is really good and the co-op mode is damn fun.

The new Shadow Warrior game is good old fashioned FPS fun, again the story isn't the greatest but the sword play is strangely satisfying.

Ok I dont like dark souls at all. Too clunky and console like. Not as smooth to control as Skyrim or Kingdoms of Amalur.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
Ok I dont like dark souls at all. Too clunky and console like. Not as smooth to control as Skyrim or Kingdoms of Amalur.

Did you get DSMFix? I use a PS3 controller but I hear lots of people have great times with a controller. Don't forget DS was originally designed with purely console in mind.

I still think it's the best game of the generation, but I can understand if people don't like the controls.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢

yeah if your not using a controller your doing it wrong. also keep in mind Dark Souls does not have fast paced combat like those games you mentioned. If you go in witht he mindset it does you could come away with those exact feelings. You have to be much slower and more deliberate in your actions. Its more tactical than many newcomers realize at first and they give up because their button mashing doesn't get them past the first boss(please tell me you beat the first boss before you quit!) IT can be hard to get into at first but once it opens up it fucking great but then again some people are bound not o like it so at least you gave it a shot.
Last edited by derbefrier on Feb 14, 2014, 3:19:10 PM
I'm using a 360 controller, it still feels retarded to play like most console games.

- PoE TOS.
"
derbefrier wrote:

yeah if your not using a controller your doing it wrong.

Not sure why every one whines so much about keyboard usage. It's easy doable with a keyboard, both pvp and pve alike. But yeah, It's probably due to the bandwagon @ DS pc port, which was easily fixed with some improvement mods. So.. :P
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info