help, i think i've played every good game thats been made

"
Completed 1 ChallengeMivo wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
mandolin about 1.5 years

Ah, lots more instruments than me -- very cool! I'd love a mandolin, nearly bought one a few times and I really dig the sound of it, but I tried several and the metal strings definitely don't work for me. But then again, my string instruments background is ukuleles (mostly tenor and soprano, though I have a bass one as well), so I'm used to soft strings and playing without picks.

For a while now I've been into electric kalimbas, which is what I mostly play at the moment (and I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I will probably need an acoustic amp for better sound than what I get from the Roland Cube). Oh, and I have an Irish low whistle that I plan to practice with ... some day. :) There's also various hand drums and a keyboard, but I use the latter mostly just as a MIDI controller for inputting notes.

You should really buy one, its not expensive at all and its so much fun to play, i mostly bought it cause i really like irish music and stuff like bill monroe was a main reason for which i started playing, i really wanted to learn this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ru6jqzhKk

An amp is always a good idea, i bought a pretty large Hartke bass amp a few years ago, 70 watts, its enough to cover a set a drums and its got 2 inputes(one active and one passive) so when im bored i can just call a friend here for a jam

"
I want to see the finished tattoo. I mean if you laid off booze for that it must be the most epic tattoo in the world.

Well its only going to be finished in about 2-3 months from now since its pretty large and it has to heal for a month after each session, but yeah ill show it to you when its done, this one is a crow with 5 legs holding a cup of coffee(the idea is from a story wirrten by Daniil Kharms)

And theres quite a few others coming up too which is why im saving money, i have to continue another one on my chest which is currently just the V logo from the band Saint Vitus on my left pectoral.

This is roughly how the Saint Vitus one will end up http://imgur.com/lfPp2W8 but its going to look a lot less cartoonish since thats just a sketch, i want to make it look more realistic with shadows and shit, its probably going to end up from the pec to my leg by the looks of it since its quite large.

Then i gotta start doing my arms cause i postponed those since the dude left the country, im probably going to do parts of my arms while the big one im doing currently heals up.

And after those im going to do my left leg in Beksinski style and my right leg in Giger style, those are going to be really long and expensive since im covering them up completely

but yeah im gonna do a lot less drinking by the looks of it
the highest level char in closed beta, double vaal solo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMqWlYDxm8Q

First Uber Atziri as 2h Melee kill Feedback: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
I once mirrored a diamond flask.
Last edited by VictorDoom on February 11, 2014 7:27 PM
Demon souls > dark souls.

Good games both of them, neither hard when you know how the bosses works though. But the first play through Is the best, still remember mine. Or just Pvp In dark souls, sadly alot of hackers. But gravity Is usually your friend.
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
"
Xpire wrote:

Good games both of them, neither hard when you know how the bosses works though. But the first play through Is the best, still remember mine. Or just Pvp In dark souls, sadly alot of hackers. But gravity Is usually your friend.

Honestly I thought Dark Souls was better. Demon's Souls was way easier to cheese, and having DS experience all of the bosses were a joke, and moon grass was so common I could spam it and never die. Not to mention that that cursed Katana was pretty darn good through the entire game. It's not like the Drake Sword that gets outclassed easily, forcing you to invest in a better longterm weapon. Also, each world felt so disconnected. I'm not sure what to say about it's story, since I never really played enough of it to go through world tendency and find every single event. I also got a much stronger feeling of awe when going through areas in DS. It's still a pretty good game, and pvp was way less laggy, but personally Dark Souls stands above Demon's Souls.

Maybe it's because I played Dark first, and was on PC.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Grave keeper sword? :P Very good weapon that req next to nothing, very good weapon animation, very favorable In pvp and more.

The scythe which Is one of the longest reaching weapons In the game and on of the "best" dex weapons.

Zweihander Is also a really good weapon which is easier to grab then the other two if you are new to the game. SO the weapon thing you mentioned Is wierd to me.

But the rest I can see why, some really hate Demon souls but love Dark souls and vise versa just for that reason. :P

When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
Last edited by Xpire on February 11, 2014 11:29 PM
"
Xpire wrote:

I am here for thee and thee only, slaaaayer of demons.
I'd ask you to walk a mile in my shoes before judging me, but I like my shoes more than I care about your opinion of me.
Patiently waiting for the day when GGG releases a 'King Shit' title.

"What the fuck did I do?"
Last edited by CharanJaydemyr on February 12, 2014 12:50 AM
"
Xpire wrote:
Grave keeper sword? :P Very good weapon that req next to nothing, very good weapon animation, very favorable In pvp and more.

The scythe which Is one of the longest reaching weapons In the game and on of the "best" dex weapons.

Zweihander Is also a really good weapon which is easier to grab then the other two if you are new to the game. SO the weapon thing you mentioned Is wierd to me.

But the rest I can see why, some really hate Demon souls but love Dark souls and vise versa just for that reason. :P

Well maybe it's because it's also stupidly easy to spam moongrass. There was that katana which offered insane damage for next to nothing, and then there's a Dragon Longsword, which while not as good is still pretty darn effective. I dunno, maybe it's just me, since I'm used to dying less now.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
Xpire wrote:

is there a decent port to PC of demons souls?
the highest level char in closed beta, double vaal solo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMqWlYDxm8Q

First Uber Atziri as 2h Melee kill Feedback: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
I once mirrored a diamond flask.
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Xpire wrote:

is there a decent port to PC of demons souls?

Demon's is a PS3 exclusive.
"
MoonYu wrote:
Hide and seek with the cops can be fun. But from your previous posts I'd say your tired of that of that one too.

I know!
Try poking xpire lookalikes with a stick!
I tried that at 2 in the morn when I was in second grade.... boy I gotta whoopin.
'An open mind is like a Fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded'.
"
VictorDoom wrote:
An amp is always a good idea, i bought a pretty large Hartke bass amp a few years ago, 70 watts, its enough to cover a set a drums and its got 2 inputes(one active and one passive) so when im bored i can just call a friend here for a jam

70W sounds like it's a real beast! Mine's a Roland Cube 20GX (just 20W), and while it's excellent, it's a guitar map, so not ideal for acoustic instruments. Acoustic amps cost a ton more, though, and it's probably not worth it for what I do. The passive piezo pickups on my kalimbas are also somewhat sucky, in spite of a pre-amp.

I bought a new mic just the other day, a Rode NT1-A, to see if I can't get better recordings, but needed a better audio interface, so I also bought a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Hopefully, I'll get to play with that later today. Music is a surprisingly expensive hobby. :) I'd really like to buy a pair of studio monitors, but I'll wait. For the little mixing I do now I can work with studio headphones, too.

As for the mandolin ... don't tempt me! I already feel like I collect instruments more than I play them. :) What I am considering is an e-guitar, though, but not just now. Perhaps when I manage to play kalimba like he does. I even bought another in that tuning (G minor), since I didn't want to re-tune my others! Kind of inexpensive instruments ($150ish).
Dual Flame Totem build for Scion: http://pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/827006 (Witch/Templar, too).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info