2h still sucks

"
GodKas wrote:
"
2h still have lower offence and defence than 1h

2h should have better offence than 1h

Indeed
Its the worst style in every aspect of attack and defence

arnt you always call for mom, lightning coil, maax block, max resists , ic and other defensive nerfs? .now u know why they are in the game after all.:p
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
this thread is funny when fotm srs is pumping over 1m dps on uber no less... nevermind tons of other atziri staff setups. cant comment on other 2hders i only play with staffs...opeee

u must means sucks as in looks suck...agree there ...needs some mtxs

Those aren't melee 2h builds.
Most of those who wield a staff use LS / ST or spells.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Oct 20, 2014, 5:21:22 PM
"
battled wrote:
"
Sa_Re wrote:
I killed all map bosses solo for the achievement with a 2h marauder. There are stronger builds around but it does not suck.

Was it a permastun build? Or you just did white maps.

I killed Atziri with a 2h build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088344/page/1
And that was without flasks, leapslam and fail gameplay (tired)

Clearly you aren't meant to scale crit with non staff 2handers, (crit staff can do much more damage than daggers given you have a comparable weapon) For noncrit / regular 2h melee the main problem is burst and elemental mitigation, CWDT enduring cry - immortal call has got the phys burst covered, now something for elemental.

And not to mention reflect, ugh. even on a phys spec with hatred, noncrit i will kill myself on elemental reflect maps (not packs)

Something Varth said, give RT a reflect reduction, that would greatly help 99% oh the 2h builds without buffing the crit builds.
Last edited by Eleziel on Oct 20, 2014, 5:38:11 PM
THe problem with 2h is that these builds are simply shittier in every way compared to...any other character archetype really, they just have less defense and less offense than any other char.

They need some proper, reliable, form of damage mitigation and a big buff in dps since theyll still be less tanky than anything else, they can at least do more damage.

As damage mitigation goes, just to prove a point, uber atziri is impossible without legacy kaoms, acuities and a crit staff, even with 9k life you get 1 shot by 1 normal flameblast, 1 normal spear does like 4-5k damage... now look at other builds, especially DoT and ranged ones that can just afford to run around and dps once in a while, mostly focusing avoiding stuff, or nuke builds that basically 1 shot her...

You can do all of the content as a 2h char, but its a lot harder than with anything else you may pick
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 20, 2014, 6:23:45 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I was sick of making plans for a league and then being disappointed that I couldn't even attempt to reach them.

I basically begged you to stay in standard.... :(
Standard Forever
Spoiler
It wouldn't have made any difference. Set goals in Domination or Ambush, or set goals in Standard; either way all the "cannot connect to Path of Exile patching server" messages would have interrupted any progress towards any goals it set for myself.

@Aim_Deep: Did you seriously just suggest 2Hers are okay because...summoning? Really?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
2 obtions:

few new gems only for 2h weapons.
flat damage rolls(phys,ele) increased by atleast 50%
They really do suck ass lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
VictorDoom wrote:
they just have less defense and less offense than any other char.

I think at least half of the "DpS issues" comes from self-gimping.
I've seen countless guides/builds with non DpS gem slots and/or negative damage multiplier main attacks (like Ground Slam).
Just as an example, no offense, your own Cyclone build is using Life gain on hit and Blood Magic in the 6L.
While those are useful gems, no question about that, they still do nothing for your DpS.

A good and affordable twohander will do 450-550 DpS.
A good and affordable onehander does 280-350 DpS.
With mirrors it's about 550 to about 850.

That's a very significant difference in Damage. Like a free "50% more damage" support gem.
That should be something to work with!

Less defense:
You lose block and shield defenses. That's it.

---

Just dropping my 2h approach here.

Character Screen / Gear /Tree (Level 87)
Spoiler

Current Tree
Sitting "only" on +175% life that way, but it feels fine. I rarely die, and most of my deaths are my own fault.
The next 3 levels will offer one of these:
+20% life
+50% crit, 25% crit multi
"Dynamo" again, so I can easily support any 6L Cyclone

Gear

I bought the cheapest still a bit useful 6L I could find.
Currently I'm using "increased critical strikes" as 6th gem as it has a very low mana multiplier and still gives me around 8k DpS.
I'm planning on using "increased AoE" instead one day.
I also tried to 6L my sword, didn't make it, but I got another 5L at least (I don't really care if it's 4L or 5L, the blind gem isn't too important).

Stats

With 3 power charges (granted by Leap Slam + Curse on hit and cwdt+Assassins Mark), I gain another 10k DpS.

I feel very tanky with Acro/Phase Acro and 5000 life, my Evasion rating sucks but I don't really care (at least it makes me evade a couple of projectiles/attacks here and there, I'm still almost immune to Tentacle Miscreations and such).
Quite brutal DpS with this crit multi. I have no idea what that DpS number translates to, compared to other attacks, but it's a lot.

---

I agree that "twohanded resolute technique armor bloodmagic builds" are not on par to most builds. Imho, they are horrible.
But then... all of this is done voluntarily by the players. nobody is forcing you to gimp your DpS with DpS-ruining keystones or support gems.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 21, 2014, 5:37:16 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
they just have less defense and less offense than any other char.

I think at least half of the "DpS issues" comes from self-gimping.
I've seen countless guides/builds with non DpS gem slots and/or negative damage multiplier main attacks (like Ground Slam).
Just as an example, no offense, your own Cyclone build is using Life gain on hit and Blood Magic in the 6L.
While those are useful gems, no question about that, they still do nothing for your DpS.

A good and affordable twohander will do 450-550 DpS.
A good and affordable onehander does 280-350 DpS.
With mirrors it's about 550 to about 850.

That's a very significant difference in Damage. Like a free "50% more damage" support gem.
That should be something to work with!

Less defense:
You lose block and shield defenses. That's it.

---

Just dropping my 2h approach here.

Character Screen / Gear /Tree (Level 87)
Spoiler

Current Tree
Sitting "only" on +175% life that way, but it feels fine. I rarely die, and most of my deaths are my own fault.
The next 3 levels will offer one of these:
+20% life
+50% crit, 25% crit multi
"Dynamo" again, so I can easily support any 6L Cyclone

Gear

I bought the cheapest still a bit useful 6L I could find.
Currently I'm using "increased critical strikes" as 6th gem as it has a very low mana multiplier and still gives me around 8k DpS.
I'm planning on using "increased AoE" instead one day.
I also tried to 6L my sword, didn't make it, but I got another 5L at least (I don't really care if it's 4L or 5L, the blind gem isn't too important).

Stats

With 3 power charges (granted by Leap Slam + Curse on hit and cwdt+Assassins Mark), I gain another 10k DpS.

I feel very tanky with Acro/Phase Acro and 5000 life, my Evasion rating sucks but I don't really care (at least it makes me evade a couple of projectiles/attacks here and there, I'm still almost immune to Tentacle Miscreations and such).
Quite brutal DpS with this crit multi. I have no idea what that DpS number translates to, compared to other attacks, but it's a lot.

---

I agree that "twohanded resolute technique armor bloodmagic builds" are not on par to most builds. Imho, they are horrible.
But then... all of this is done voluntarily by the players. nobody is forcing you to gimp your DpS with DpS-ruining keystones or support gems.

Theres a reason i use Bm and LGoH, defense, i have 7.100 life, almost 250% increased life, on that character and 30k dps on cyclone, with life gain on hit, i can facetank pretty much everything in the game apart from atziri with a char that is just wearing rares. But the character is still really weak compared to others that do not need to grab that much life because they are ranged or have block.

Its not only shield defenses and block that you lose as 2h melee, crit is hard to get, unless your using staffs, defenses in general like life is hard to get, and most of all, you are not ranged.
In this game being ranged and/or using damage over time is the best defense, that is why 2h melee sucks the most, it needs more defensive buffs and offense buffs as well so you dont have to spec to ridiculous amounts of life to be able to dps without dying, unlike builds that simply spec to block and facetank shit or builds that simply do damage over time/ranged who just run around constantly avoiding most hits.

Also, not sure how youre sustaining that cyclone on mana, considering it consumes roughly 400 mana per second, when you have 30 regen and since mana leech is capped at 12.5% of your mana pool you have 68 regen from leech... youre missing 300 mana regen.. but i might be missing something

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 21, 2014, 6:35:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info