DarnDoesFireTrap - Pocket Discharge - HC/SC #3 One Week Build -- Insane Clear Speed - UPDATED

Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Mar 16, 2014, 11:47:25 AM
Did anyone try this in invasion?

Are there alternatives for Searing Touch?
Like using another skill to level easily and gather some currency and wait for lower prices in the league.

Can OP please make an update to the passives tree?

This still a viable build / setup??
Yup completely forgot about this. Tree updated, should do the trick.
Neat, thanks. I've been plowing through content with this build. Just need to build up a bit more survivability.
I noticed you swapped the two Burning dmg nodes for pure Fire dmg nodes at the Immolation wheel. How comes?
followed the build to a T to level 82, had 5l searing T and 5l carcass jack, the dps is lack luster and most other builds 1 shot the mobs you are burning. Kinda dissapointed
If you don't like the deeps just run flameblast or something. I am pushing through the 50s with a similar build (more resists, more DPS & slightly less life for MF) and found fire trap damage falling behind so I just switched my green socket for blue in cheap 5l staff.

FT advantage is no problems with reflect and easier time dodging, but flameblast handles reflect ok if you don't charge fully and let ignite do the work on reflect packs. FT also has better AOE for clearing trash packs at insane speed, but FB does better for nuking bosses. Plus Searing Bond isn't half bad as a decoy totem and that adds some more damage on top.

The overlap in terms of passives for SB, FB and FT is huge and the overlap for FB and FT is almost exact unless you take e.g. High Explosives. FB and FT also use the same support gems.
Last edited by Imprecision on Mar 20, 2014, 11:04:58 AM
"
Imprecision wrote:
If you don't like the deeps just run flameblast or something. I am pushing through the 50s with a similar build (more resists, more DPS & slightly less life for MF) and found fire trap damage falling behind so I just switched my green socket for blue in cheap 5l staff.

FT advantage is no problems with reflect and easier time dodging, but flameblast handles reflect ok if you don't charge fully and let ignite do the work on reflect packs. FT also has better AOE for clearing trash packs at insane speed, but FB does better for nuking bosses. Plus Searing Bond isn't half bad as a decoy totem and that adds some more damage on top.

The overlap in terms of passives for SB, FB and FT is huge and the overlap for FB and FT is almost exact unless you take e.g. High Explosives. FB and FT also use the same support gems.

Good to know. I like the 'kite-ability' of flame trap, but perhaps I need to L2P a bit more once I switch to Flameblast.

I'd be curious if stacking multiple traps helps account for more DPS? You can spec into using up to 5 traps pretty easily...
Was planning on running this build with MoM switching out determination for Discipline. Only thing im worried about is the mana cost of FT in combo with high lvl AA and MoM.
IGN: QSTNMRK

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info