DarnDoesFireTrap - Pocket Discharge - HC/SC #3 One Week Build -- Insane Clear Speed - UPDATED

Do you guys think this build is viable for starting out in the 4 month league? We wouldn't have searing touch or carcass. Is there another build that would be better in order to farm the gear then swap to fire trap?
With all of the fire/ele damage nodes in passive tree you could easily level this guy as searing bond+flameblast/fireball or whatever fire spell you want.

In ambush I personally leveled as searing bond till I got my searing touch, worked nicely.
"
kaij1919 wrote:
Do you guys think this build is viable for starting out in the 4 month league? We wouldn't have searing touch or carcass. Is there another build that would be better in order to farm the gear then swap to fire trap?

Here's my gear one week into the one-month HC league. It's not too hard to set up, currently lvl 90.

IGN @dime
I tried this build in the 1 month race and I had some issues with the leveling. More specifically with survivability and the passive tree progression. Here is what my tree looked like at level 53:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbEmkUTRUgFm8XHBmFGmwfAiSqKPoqTSycNZI2xTbpPAU9Xz8nQYdFnUbXSRtKyFJTVa5Vxl3GbqpxeXqqgseDOIdliPGLjI9Gj6aXlZf0muCcLZ2un9-iAKcIr7e1BLXytz64k89l0NDYJNrd4XPjauQi6-7tIO988B_56P4K

As you see I decided to first get to the witch tree and get the extra damage and area nodes, and then rush to get IR. As a result by the time I got to cruel Catacombs I was taking way too much damage and ripped by some random bullsh*t pack of mobs. Had max resists and almost 2k life.

Am I supposed to get IR before taking the damage at the witch tree? Can anyone give an example of a progression in the passives?

One more question - auras. How am I supposed to run Grace, Determination, AA and still have mana for fire trap and flammability? With my previous attempt when I got to level 60-ish I was running Grace, but I had terrible mana problems even after I got EB and had over 1k mana. I had also taken the aura nodes in the templar area. Any tips there?

It's a really cool build, in fact, to me this is THE build and I really want to make it work when the new leagues start. Please advise!
Last edited by dyankov on Aug 5, 2014, 10:10:54 AM
How does fire trap work with chance to ignite if everything
is burning anyway??

Thanks
"
PhillTheWill wrote:
How does fire trap work with chance to ignite if everything
is burning anyway??

Thanks

when the trap triger, the ground ignite, the chance ot ignite works on the trap explosion, if the explosion hit the mob he has a chance to ignite
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
If you want leech you can use these items:

Going down to the bottom of the passive tree just for iron reflex keystone seems like a waste to be honest,
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 9, 2014, 2:13:02 PM
Is it worth it to use sunblast unique belt??
"
kompaniet wrote:
If you want leech you can use these items:

Going down to the bottom of the passive tree just for iron reflex keystone seems like a waste to be honest,

Confusing, are you trying to leech life to your traps? I don't think they care enough for leech ^.^
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Doesn't life leech work with traps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info