DarnDoesFireTrap - Pocket Discharge - HC/SC #3 One Week Build -- Insane Clear Speed - UPDATED

"
Darni wrote:
"
jdweber1982 wrote:
Well I've updated to match OP but here is what I was using:

Because of only using 1 curse, I felt it a requirement to take High Explosives.

Also, why sovereignty in the updated spec? Grace/Clarity run fine with >500 mana unreserved on a decent setup. Is the goal here to have an opening for a 40% aura or to try and squeeze in another 60%?

I haven't tried this yet but maybe running discipline to allow for a higher level of AA or even going down to take MoM?

yuh I just quickly updated the tree, havent played with this spec in months.

For discussion:

I have a 1532 mana pool. Unreserved running Clarity and Grace (with a level 19 RM and Sovereignty) I'm at 711 and my mana regen is ~ 152 per second.

Options:

1. Vitality - Running a level 19 Vitality takes my unreserved mana down to 343 and boost my life regen from 43 per second to 123 per second. Note: I don't have the 1% from the Templar Tree yet.

2. Discipline - Running a level 19 Discipline takes my unreserved down to 311 and my mana regen jumps up to 183 per second. I currently run Arctic Armour at level 11 (I enjoy not using mana flasks) but this would allow me to take it to level 14 or 15. Should be a noticeable difference running this defensive at +3/4 levels

3. Determination - Running a level 1 Determination boosts my armour from 5935 to 8071 however, my unreserved mana drops to 144 which causes regen problems. This option is off the table at the moment.

I think running Discipline is my best option currently as it allows for additional defense through AA levels without taking my unreserved mana dangerously low. Maybe working a devouring totem into my setup for leech would help on the regen end. Suggestions?
I'd be interested to see someone running disciple with MoM + a decent level AA. I think it'd have a significant boost in overall performance, without too much of a hit to DPS...

It may mean grabbing a few extra mana regen/+max mana nodes in the tree though.
Last edited by swooks on Mar 21, 2014, 4:29:12 PM
"
swooks wrote:
I'd be interested to see someone running disciple with MoM + a decent level AA. I think it'd have a significant boost in overall performance, without too much of a hit to DPS...

It may mean grabbing a few extra mana regen/+max mana nodes in the tree though.

The biggest problem I'm having, or the one that's at least keeping me away from MoM, is my unreserved pool is low (350ish). Historically with under 700 mana available for MoM I find myself randomly oom resulting in a cancellation of AA. Nothing a seething mana flask can't fix but still annoying.
Interesting take on the trapper. I run something similar but with more DPS, less HP in general. For defense I tend to use Deerstalker for the insane 'running away speed', AA with EB and high mana pool and regen. I also link CWTD with enduring cry and Frost wall for my shield.

What I do use though is EE. I have Ice Nova linked in my Deerstalker and throw that down first, freezes or chills everything then lay down my firetrap for -50% resistance. Works a treat.

Temp Trap
IGN: Munkehboi
Interesting take on the trapper. I run something similar but with more DPS, less HP in general. For defense I tend to use Deerstalker for the insane 'running away speed', AA with EB and high mana pool and regen. I also link CWTD with enduring cry and Frost wall for my shield.

What I do use though is EE. I have Ice Nova linked in my Deerstalker and throw that down first, freezes or chills everything then lay down my firetrap for -50% resistance. Works a treat.

Temp Trap
Build is expensive, not cheap, especially for new players.
"
Ryce wrote:
Build is expensive, not cheap, especially for new players.

Yes if you are trying to get a Searing Touch and Carcass Jack this build will cost you 4-5 exalts. BUT, you can level using +1/+2 to Fire weapons with Searing Bond + Inc. Burn Dmg and breeze through the game. I bought my Searing Touch for 1.5 exalts when I hit level 70ish using only currency attained by vendoring rare/chromatic items found while leveling. The Carcass Jack will be my next big purchase, but it's not necessary for the build to work well.
and searing touch has skyrocketed in price.
Essentially Carcass Jack only needs to be 4Link. Only Searing torch needs to be 5-6 link. As @drmeandad stated, I did the same. Traded a 1 socket Searing Torch for around 1.5 ex and just used my saved up currency to 6 socket and then 5 link it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info