My Alpha Thread

I figure I may as well add my experiences to the mix. Here's what I have to say about the POE alpha:

The combat feels sturdy, and each swing of my sword feels as though it has weight behind it.

The number of different affixes that can be found on items (especially flasks), are varied and interesting, although there is always room for more.

I have experienced very few technical issues, especially for an alpha build of the game. Granted, GGG still has tons of content to add before the game is "released," but I've discovered that with ARPG's like POE, its important to create a strong functionality base (back end programming, gameplay mechanics), and then it becomes more a matter of feeding content to the system.

The skill gems are fun to play with! There are already many possibilities when combining skill gems and support gems, and that number of possibilities can only grow. Experimentation with the skill/support gems is rewarding, and more importantly, effective.

Monsters are varied. Zombies are prevalent throughout the entire first act. However, they aren't all exactly the same, but with "Level 5" in their description instead of "Level 3." Instead, they all have different names, stats, and even visual differences.

I'm much better at answering questions than thinking of information to tell everyone. I would be happy to answer anything that I am ALLOWED to answer.
Im jealous of you all :P
Do you have any tips which I could use for POE (note: I've played other ARPG's so I'm not a complete noob).
Second in Command of PoE Clan - The Exiled
www.theexiledclan.org
How satisfying and fun is the AOE damage in this game? And how quickly can you kill mobs? Also how many mobs can you take on at once?

Hehe, Thank You.
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:
How satisfying and fun is the AOE damage in this game? And how quickly can you kill mobs? Also how many mobs can you take on at once?

Hehe, Thank You.

You will giggle like a school girl when you kill a room in matter of seconds (with the right gem combos)
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
I've definitely encountered groups of 30+ in some of the larger rooms. Throw in a bunch of champion monsters and a couple rare monsters and it's quite an epic battle.
Forum Sheriff
No one has really mentioned much on co-op play. Can you comment on how cohesive it is at the moment? Or is everyone just lone wolfing (playing solo)?

What is the current player limit per instance and how does it play with max players?
RIP Bolto
"
Covert wrote:
What is the current player limit per instance[...]?

6 players max. I haven't had a chance to try out taking on areas in a party yet.
"Instead of praising what you do not understand, try understanding what you do not praise."
- Charles L. Haeldrik
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:

Hehe, Thank You.

I've only really played with one skill gem that focused on AOE damage, but it worked really well. The key is using the strengths of several of your skill gems, which is why you have several buttons for skills currently, as opposed to the RMB+LMB Diablo 2 standard.

Mobs don't take forever to kill, and its possible to pick out specific targets so that you can knock out the bigger threats first. I don't enjoy it in games where I'm forced to hack through a mob in the order in which they're thrown at me.
"
"
Nightblaze1 wrote:

Hehe, Thank You.

I've only really played with one skill gem that focused on AOE damage, but it worked really well. The key is using the strengths of several of your skill gems, which is why you have several buttons for skills currently, as opposed to the RMB+LMB Diablo 2 standard.

Mobs don't take forever to kill, and its possible to pick out specific targets so that you can knock out the bigger threats first. I don't enjoy it in games where I'm forced to hack through a mob in the order in which they're thrown at me.

Good news! Indeed its cool to have more options for skills.

Bring lot of new possibilities to the game.

Being able to pick specific targets is a nice thing.

Will enjoy trying that
"You Cant Tame The Beast"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info