The Arbiter of Knowledge (academy boss) - what kind of damage?

So no matter how much i have searched, i cannot seem to find what kind of damage is that
boss doing (The Arbiter of Knowledge) with his 2 skills:
- Book throwing
- Tornados

Everyone that i ask tell me that its doing pure physical damage, but i have died there a while ago with immportal call up and with NO extra elemental damage on map mods.

Can someone who actually knows explain this to me?

Thanks
It does 10% of your maximum health as true damage every 3 hits

oh wait wrong game.
Dear GGG, please make Mac version
"
Teridax wrote:

oh wait wrong game.

2/10
IGN: Remi_D
Difficulty through obscurity.

His attacks are for sure mostly physical, as my Pure EVA char got obliterated, while high armor char has no problems. Other than that I dunno... except dont stand too long in melee range, while he is spawning tornados.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Teridax wrote:

oh wait wrong game.

1/10

I'm being pretty generous with this one.

"
but i have died there a while ago with immportal call up and with NO extra elemental damage

I'm serious I read that as you died with "important call" up. And I'm thinking you probably shouldn't be playing PoE while having important phone calls.

All that aside, I'm pretty sure it's physical, but for all I know it could be 95% Chaos damage or something. Honestly I figured if anyone had an issue with that boss, it'd be that it silences you haha
Last edited by Stealthbug on Feb 6, 2014, 7:51:23 AM
Not sure about the book throwing attack but I'm pretty sure the tornados are fast hitting phys attacks as moderate armor makes a huge difference to no armor.
Last edited by Sa_Re on Feb 6, 2014, 8:02:05 AM
It's pure phys. Immortal Call with increased duration and you can kill him without getting hurt if you gain charges off the pack with him and can do it quickly.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Extremely shitty boss!
It simply destroyes my melee ranger. With 30k evasion, 70% dodge, 17% block, 60% spell dodge I die in a little over 1 second... I have *only* 4k hp, but even if I had 8k I would barely survive for 2-3 seconds...

Without a doubt this is a skip-only boss from now on. On the other hand, if I was a spectral throw with the same defensive stats, this would be a cake walk, because I wouldn't have 2-3 tornadoes spawning on top of my head every other second... I guess it is my fault for being stupid and choosing a melee+evasion based setup...
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jun 23, 2015, 5:39:22 PM
there a builds which can facetank him easily or just kill him really fast ^^
It's purely physical. With 1.3 AA the ground tornados do no damage unless it's a +dmg map. The book throws can still do damage past AA, but they don't really hurt on a no +dmg map.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info