SHOULD I ETERNAL - EXALT???

Ok I got this for 10C which is not a bad purchase

and I was wondering if eternal-exalting for attack speed is a good idea. All prefixes are taken by Phy%, Flat phys, and lightning damage(although not having lightning damage and leaving a spot for phys/acc roll would be amazing).

Pure DPS as for now: 460
Total DPS : 535

If i calculated correctly, the chance of rolling attack speed is in 1/16.
And rolling a higher tier is unknown to me.

So guessing by these numbers, I probably think it is in the best of my interest to avoid exalting this. On the other hand, I want your thoughts.
Last edited by gtrans on Feb 5, 2014, 3:48:43 PM
You can roll 14 mods so the odds that you roll attackspeed are very small and even if you roll attackspeed it can be a low roll. Im 100% sure its better for you to just buy a weapon instead of et/ex it.
What you can do is just use 1 exalt and test ur luck.
If it was 6-Link, maybe. Do you really wanna go broke on it? Even if you get attack speed after, let say, 5 Eternals/Exalts, then you have to socket/link it.
Don't do it man :)
But then again, if it happens that I actually get the attack speed roll, how much more would then this axe would sell for? I'm looking into making some good cash out of it but only if the expenses isnt heavier than the final product.
Last edited by gtrans on Feb 5, 2014, 8:18:08 PM
"
royvisser1990 wrote:
You can roll 14 mods so the odds that you roll attackspeed are very small and even if you roll attackspeed it can be a low roll. Im 100% sure its better for you to just buy a weapon instead of et/ex it.
What you can do is just use 1 exalt and test ur luck.

I like the idea of just, trying my luck. I am almost certain I can't afford several eternal-exalt. Maybe only once. So just an exalt is worth the thrill, I'll give you that.
The odds for rolling all the affixes aren't the same and are weighted.

You have less chances rolling the elemental resists + chaos res. Same goes for light radius+accuracy hybrid.
I'll just add my current gear to my shop thread, so people could find me some upgrades...
"
Dikki wrote:
The odds for rolling all the affixes aren't the same and are weighted.

You have less chances rolling the elemental resists + chaos res. Same goes for light radius+accuracy hybrid.

Im not sure if I clearly got your point.
Some affixes have higher probability to appear than others.

Let's put it this way:
If you had a clean weapon and you were going to use transmute it to get 1 suffix, the probability for tier 7 attack speed would be 1.272% and the probability for tier 7 cold res would be half that (0,636%)

EDIT: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/User:Chriskang/Sandbox/ItemAffixSpawnRates/Axe
I'll just add my current gear to my shop thread, so people could find me some upgrades...
Last edited by Dikki on Feb 5, 2014, 8:44:24 PM
"
Dikki wrote:
Some affixes have higher probability to appear than others.

Let's put it this way:
If you had a clean weapon and you were going to use transmute it to get 1 suffix, the probability for tier 7 attack speed would be 1.272% and the probability for tier 7 cold res would be half that (0,636%)

EDIT: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/User:Chriskang/Sandbox/ItemAffixSpawnRates/Axe

Ah thanks for clearing that out! Yea I totally agree. But it is kinda odd that a tier 7 cold resist is harder to get and a tier 7 attack speed. Shouldn't crafting suppose to be extremely hard and costly? People would likely want to have a tier 7 attack speed. That serves them right. That said, what do you think? Should I leave the weapon as it is, use it maybe or resell it. OR try my luck with an exalt, maybe two, it has 2 place for 2 suffixes.
Last edited by gtrans on Feb 5, 2014, 8:47:51 PM
That's totally up to you.

If it's under itemlevel 77, the max. possible damage you could hit with that (without divining) would be 572,2 physical + 96 ele totaling 668,2. Which would be pretty sweet!

If you're going to craft it further and are happy with any attack speed, you might not want to eternal it on your first exalt since it has 2 free suffixes :P
Last edited by Dikki on Feb 5, 2014, 8:58:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info