Something wrong with resist towards Voidbearer?

Met some voidbearers at docks and also some yellow ones.

My 75% cold resistance do nothing towards them and as a melee charater i feel they are way worse then just about any orange boss.

Feels very unbalanced.

They should check if there is a bug that make my resist not working or lower the damage.

Add desync problem to the equation and i felt like smashing my keyboard very often.
but they do fire damage, not cold lol
Lvl 73, with 4 Lvl 50+ characters. Still doesn't know that Voidbearers obviously deal fire damage.

Blames the game.

wow
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
I snorted.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
Made my day! xD
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Kenzorz wrote:
Lvl 73, with 4 Lvl 50+ characters. Still doesn't know that Voidbearers obviously deal fire damage.

Blames the game.

wow

I never bothered to check it out since it was a blue "fire" coming out of it which made me believe it was cold damage which would have been logical.

What is the real problem for melee characters is the desync problem that very much make the game unplayable.

Even with 75% fire resist the problem with these voidbearers still is the same, they are east to kill but with desync their damage together kill anyone instantly. Just stupid.

Do i have to live close to the server to be able to play this game?
"
Aragon100 wrote:
"
Kenzorz wrote:

Blames the game.

wow

I never bothered to check it out since it was a blue "fire" coming out of it which made me believe it was cold damage which would have been logical.

What is the real problem for melee characters is the desync problem that very much make the game unplayable.

Even with 75% fire resist the problem with these voidbearers still is the same, they are east to kill but with desync their damage together kill anyone instantly. Just stupid.

Do i have to live close to the server to be able to play this game?

and he's still 100% blaming the game...

GGG this right click game is too hard for certain challenged individuals, please make it easier.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
While I will admit that one could potentially (and this is really stretching it) associate the blue 'flame' with cold damage, why did you not attempt to try other resists to make sure it wasn't something else like...fire damage? Also, if you check the microtransaction shop you'll notice there's an alternate effect for the skill 'Incinerate', which is normally a red flame skill that is obviously fire damage. This microtransaction turns it into a 'ghostly blue flame', which looks pretty much exactly like the voidbearer's breath.

Also, if it was even the remote chance of being a cold-based attack, why didn't you notice that you weren't being chilled/frozen when getting hit by the attack? After all, cold damaging attacks have that property to them and even with your limited play time you should have encountered MANY instances of such cold attacks and had time to notice the effects. When you didn't see yourself getting chilled/frozen you should've gotten the hint that the blue flame was indeed not cold damage, but fire damage.

And also...not to be snarky but you DO know that fire can be blue, yes? Ever seen a Bunsen Burner calibrated with the proper gas-to-air ratio and notice that the flame is a bright blue? In this case...sadly...you have no one to blame but yourself for making a very bad assumption and then coming here and sadly, making yourself look the fool. The desync is certainly an issue, but at this point...really...you made a boo-boo and simply accept that you made a mistake, learn from it, and move on.
Blue flame is hottest flame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info