maps-map drop

OK, I just arrived at 84. I have currently had no problem at all running maps up to level 72, however the exp versus cost of the maps seems to be 71 is the sweet spot at about 4-5% per map ran and a chaos or two per map bought. It seems like the higher the map the less chance of doing the map and getting one back of equal level. I'm running a bow guy at about 60 quality and 65 rarity. I usually run maps with pack size or rare monsters increased.

It seems like in general I get a map drop out of about every third map ran so I need to stock pile about 15-16 or so. Is that about the rate I should expect? Is this normal? how does the guy who sells me maps get so many of the things when they hardly ever drop for me?

So essentially the only thing keeping me from leveling up is the random number generator and map drops. SO far difficulty is not a factor, only random drop luck. So will I have to buy maps all the way up till the become too expensive or am I just going thru an unlucky streak?
Last edited by hellcatq on Feb 5, 2014, 6:34:54 AM
Are you running blue maps or do you alc them? You can expect the best results from pack size or magic monsters, with a decent quantity, 60% - 80%

I never had to buy maps, and got to lvl 90 (where I stopped the XP grind) and 78 tier, playing solo. But when I started off, I was alcing even 68 maps and started to chisel at 71s

(your char MF doesnt help with map drops, btw)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
You need to Alc the maps. And throw in 1-2 chisels. Even then you might get a bad streak and lose maps but I find that with 70-71 maps that's a good balance. Higher level though and you need more chisels and a party due to the low drop rate of similar level or higher maps.
"
hellcatq wrote:

So essentially the only thing keeping me from leveling up is the random number generator and map drops. SO far difficulty is not a factor, only random drop luck. So will I have to buy maps all the way up till the become too expensive or am I just going thru an unlucky streak?

It's the PoE trademark, leveling is based on luck, it gets only worse in top level maps.

You will either have to run lower maps again to accumulate higher ones, or you'll buy them.

Those who sell maps... it works like this most of the time:

- play 71-72 lvl maps, sell 73/74 maps
- play 73-74 lvl maps, sell 75/76 maps

... etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info