Cast When Damage Taken - Molten Shell

Im thinking of linking CWDT with molten shell. My question is while molten shell is active, do the absorbed damage by molten shell counts as damage taken by the CWDT?
"
nikoloy wrote:
Im thinking of linking CWDT with molten shell. My question is while molten shell is active, do the absorbed damage by molten shell counts as damage taken by the CWDT?

Yes it does, but remember Molten Shell is practically useless with a low level CWDT. A high level CWDT which is needed to support a high level Molten Shell will require you to take too much damage for it to be effective.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
i run 20 cwdt 20 ms or 18cwdt 18 ms...

everything else is just a joke ... and my tank only needs it when he really gets high dmg
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
linkstatic wrote:

Yes it does, but remember Molten Shell is practically useless with a low level CWDT. A high level CWDT which is needed to support a high level Molten Shell will require you to take too much damage for it to be effective.

ty for info. i might separate molten shell from my link set but the problem will be is, i dont want to monitor and cast molten shell all the time. i have high attack speed and my dps depends on it. if i always stop attacking to cast molten shell, i wont do as much dps. is linking it to cast when stunned a good idea? CWS does not have a gem level limit but instead it has a chance to cast. i need suggestions. i die too quickly.
The only good way to run a highlvl Moltenshell is with Cast on Stun but i would not use it in a Crit multi build off any kind exept you have double totem otherwise the lvl20 Moltenshell can 1hit yourself on reflect.
IGN : LastHopeSama

"
Kasoysama wrote:
The only good way to run a highlvl Moltenshell is with Cast on Stun but i would not use it in a Crit multi build off any kind exept you have double totem otherwise the lvl20 Moltenshell can 1hit yourself on reflect.

Dying too quickly is one thing but what is killing you? Are you dying to hard hitting physical? Are you dying to elemental? Are you dying to small, fast-hitting phys?
"
nikoloy wrote:
"
linkstatic wrote:

ty for info. i might separate molten shell from my link set but the problem will be is, i dont want to monitor and cast molten shell all the time. i have high attack speed and my dps depends on it. if i always stop attacking to cast molten shell, i wont do as much dps. is linking it to cast when stunned a good idea? CWS does not have a gem level limit but instead it has a chance to cast. i need suggestions. i die too quickly.

Why not just link it to Cast on Crit? If your attack speed is as fast as you say it is, you should crit fairly often.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
"
linkstatic wrote:
"
nikoloy wrote:

Using 20/20 Molten Shell with 20/20 CWDT and lvl 3 Empower + lvl 3 Enhace. Very usefull for my build (Aegis Aurora blocker) and does pretty high AOE. Not enough to oneshot anything on merciless, but white mobs lose ~10-15% life per discharge. Its a very nice addition, in my eyes.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
I use high level CoDT with Molten Shell and Immortal Call. I cast Endurance manually, or sometimes use a Endurance Cast on Stun.

The idea was, if I took a big hit, IC and MS would trigger. The IC would give a short immunity to physical damage, the MS some additional protection after that. All this would buy time to get new Endurance Charges built up, and leach back the life lost from the big hit sustained. Then the process repeats if I take another big hit.

Seems to work but maybe I understand it wrong.
"
Shuks wrote:
I use high level CoDT with Molten Shell and Immortal Call. I cast Endurance manually, or sometimes use a Endurance Cast on Stun.

The idea was, if I took a big hit, IC and MS would trigger. The IC would give a short immunity to physical damage, the MS some additional protection after that. All this would buy time to get new Endurance Charges built up, and leach back the life lost from the big hit sustained. Then the process repeats if I take another big hit.

Seems to work but maybe I understand it wrong.

this idea has me intrigued . i will consider this on my next build. i am still on my 1st test build. i just got back playing after stopping 6 months ago. some, if not most, of my knowledge of this game is outdated. my 1st char back then was all attack speed( low hp, defense and damage). now i have improved on attack speed and a lot on dps but i still have survivability issues. ty for all the info and suggestions. i might be able to fix that issue on my next build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info