Aurora shield

Hi,

Currently I'm running marauder with very high dps, but lacking defense, since I have no block, so was thinking to switch to facebreaker + shield and do some block passives.

However, all builds say its compulsory to use Aurora shield, can anyone explain me why?

Ok so:
Chance to Block: 34%
Armour: (403 to 448)
Energy Shield: (119 to 132)

Cheap shields can have 38% chance, and much more evasion (doesn't matter evasion or armor for me)

(10 to 20)% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
6% additional Block Chance
Replenishes Energy Shield by 4% of Armour when you Block

Elemental damage will give only like 200dps boost as my ring with 30% gives only small amount. 10% all res, cheap shield can have that easily, replenish energy shield - no need for that since I have no shield.
So the price is above 10ex only for +5% to maximum Cold Resistance or am I missing something?
"
replenish energy shield - no need for that since I have no shield.

It's the key feature of the shield , if u don't have any ES and don't plan to get some , don't bother buying this shield.
I see, thanks.

Then why I see BoR or any other infernal blow marauder builds saying this shield is compulsory? Even though those build have almost no energy shield or is 200ish enough?

Ok, browsed through build and they usually have 600, so I suppose that is enough and it gives huge survivability boost? Although I have no idea where are they getting that much shield.
Last edited by AivarasTR on Feb 4, 2014, 7:55:14 PM
You'll want more than 200 (probably somewhere closer to 700). Discipline can help a lot, and a single ES item can bolster your ES to acceptable levels.

You're going to be Blocking most of the attacks coming in (BoR alone pushes you near 50%), and the ES you gain from blocking will effectively block that last hit as well. No other shield offers such amounts of defense against attacks that are not Blocked - that's why it's such a potent shield.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 4, 2014, 7:57:21 PM
I see, then it is going to be my next buy later on.

Though I don't like bor (much lower dps and armor), so would run without it.
You would be amazed at how effective 200es is when you have 60+ block with some spell block and life regen.You can go eat a sandwich and grab a beer at your local bar. When you come back the 6-10 guys that where pounding on you will most likely have given up and told there friends to go look for easier prey. Dont get me wrong at anytime anything can still and will kill you but AA gives you a huge advantage.
I see, thanks.

So my best option would be not to respect to shield and facebreaker instead of axe nodes until I get AA?

I can do all lvl maps without mods, but with increased damage modes I get squashed.
Last edited by AivarasTR on Feb 5, 2014, 7:04:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info