Fire build viable/decent?

So I know almost nothing about witch/spells in this game but was debating making a fire scion to mess around with and came up with this
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABt9YIZ1fh-WUhw5DWLKY3ZjQKtAyTJxzcf8bBxSy_iELyHYauFdfXhlZj7BjDbRGWDkinNOOEiGu29xEv1AV1imND8uHC7EcGX2q0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-OsBRcNVwUl3ynWPljqSxjDam6zeD6roo-uvuuJOnCLUEXcZG1-QiKU-Cmxpsna4SaRcccXnYJDbFNtgqjZeF7FUfApwth2Wvt0kbLJyuswVCQZaCEN-wVa5Eq4-mUlM9Xy0fbRk74eL3pyu71hFQ

Probably is complete garbage as I don't really know what exactly I'm going for so if you don't want to comment on the skill tree that's fine but any help as far as what I should be looking for/what spells/build works for fire-based spells would be awesome thanks.
Its not bad, though I would focus on the left side of the tree more, the armor/es keynodes have 16% es increase while the right side only has 10% with regen speed, which is worth much less imo since we usually leech.

Or you can go the zealots oath route and save a gem and let ZO do your regenerating.

Fireball, incinerate, and fireblast are all endgame viable skills. Fireblast will focus on burning damage+proliferation, incinerate on raw fire damage, and fireball can go either way.
You're going to need more mana. Grab those available at the witch base. Go down the Cast Speed side (spells will never crit like physical attacks no matter what you do and spells are painfully slow attacks in comparison anyway) and jump across to the mana side.

With CI you will need as much Energy Shield as you can get...more than you have there.

Try to think level 80. If you can raise hell by then the rest is a cool ride.

Grab Aura and Reduced Mana skills where easy. Like Influence. Also buff skills will help.

Don't bother with Mind Drinker...spells don't do Physical Damage. Soul Siphon, on the other hand, is dang handy.

Lord...I just erased about 20 skills and added 30...lol....so much for "think level 80". Truth is; you will find yourself doing heavy respecing with any CI build when you finally do take CI...one of the reasons I don't see it as worth the effort

Look for shortest routes possible wherever possible and grab useful key nodes that become available.

Good luck and have fun!!

:)
Last edited by honogica on Feb 6, 2014, 6:08:20 AM
if ur build is gonna focus on critting with ur fire spells, then ignore minor spell damage/fire dmg nodes and grab crit multiplier/crit chance nodes.

if ur build is gonna focus on doing non-crit dps, then skip minor crit nodes and get spell dmg/fire dmg nodes.

its bad idea to focus on both these types of dmg, since u will lose out on survivability. Also guessing by the aoe nodes u wanna pick some aoe spell, in that case the aoe node near templar area is a good pick, along with the body & soul and Mind & matter clusters for armor/es.
Those are 2 of the best es nodes in the tree.

Also, u need to decide which spell u gonna use as main attack. Mana cost should be manageable, else you wud need to rely on totems to cast it. Also as a personal preference, I like spellcasters running eldritch battery instead of CI just for the large mana pool and the option of running arctic armor to negate physical dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info