I need some help :]

Hey guys im king of new and i need some help with my Character Duelist level 62 sword and shield.

First, that my passive skills:(i hope i did it well) http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecB_wMAAycFLQaiBu4LqhDwFHEX3BpVGtkbyBv6HSYhYCXfJ08ppTQ1NDg26DpxQKBBqkMxR35OKlPfWK9Y214TYEthIWMXZKNlTWyNbml07XTxeA16736ahNmE75dwmSubg565n8ukGabPpzCrxayvr6K2Qb2BvqfAD8EHxLjKkNBH0k3UUtXt1fjXfuXF707xivVG-_w=

Second thats my stuff:

i chose the right Gems/Support Gems? and the stuff? what's more important? Armor or Elemental resistance?

and what about my passive skills? how can i keep upgrate it in the best way?

sry about all my questions and thx for help!!
Last edited by m16rules on Feb 4, 2014, 6:17:11 PM
a lot of your skill setups dont make any sense to me.

for starters it is best to limit the number of attacks you use to 2-3 (1single, 1 aoe, 1 movement)

from your setup i get:

a)faster attacks-cleave-increased burning damage
the last one i don't get, your only source of fire damage is anger aura, i doubt that you crit a lot, so it only helps a tiny bit compared to virtually any other attack support.

b)searing bond-life leech
dots dont leech. even if they did, it wouldnt give you any health, it would go to the totem

c)dominating blow-cast on melee kill-whirlwind blades
dominating blow nees a build focused on that, i suggest you ditch it
whirlwind blades is a solid movement skill
cast on melee kill, you don't have a spell linked for either attack to cast

d)reave, haste, double strike

e)leap slam, added chaos-anger
just to point out, that addd chaos doesn't actually adds anything to anger. you need to link it to an attack/spell in order to be effective, not an aura

f)added fire-melee physical-heavy strike-faster attacks

this one is a solid linked attack, later on there is multistrike support gem that might be better than faster attacks, but this is preferance because of the annoying KB of heavy strike.

at this point you have:
movement skills: whirlwind blades, leap slam :pick one
single target skills: heavy strike, double strike, dominating blow : pick one
aoe skills: cleavy, reave: pick one
spells/totems: searing bond: i suggest to change your totem to a more defensive one like decoy or rejuv
utility: you have none. i suggest you pick up enduring cry (endurance charges are awesome for melee), see if you can work a cwdt-immortal, or just plain self cast immortal, pick up at LEAST one curse (enfeeble for defensive, vulnerability for offensive, etc)
auras: haste, anger : since you go physical route, i suggest trying hatred aura which is percentage based and if you have good physical damage it will offer more, apart from that, most people don't use haste and either use grace+IR (since you are close) or determination, or purity for resists and etc.

as for armor vs resists: always try to cap your resists (in merciless it is vital, in cruel you can skim a bit). THEN get armor.

didn't have time to look at the tree itself.

tl;dr:

drop attack gems to 2-3, get a curse, swap totem, try other auras, pick enduring cry, fix your links.
Last edited by shroudb on Feb 4, 2014, 6:42:39 PM
Thank you dude! yoy very helped me!

i just need a little more help about my passive skill tree
Your tree is really not bad, especially for a first build. Quick note: you must cap your elemental resists, period. Chaos resist can come much later. There are a few things I'd work on:
1. Get rid of the resist trio when you catch up with gear. It is ok to take resist in the tree while you are leveling, but spec out when you can. The exception is Diamond Flesh which is very efficient and you go by it anyway.
2. Take Berserking and Blood Drinker. You are close to them and they rock.
3. You need more life. There are two 12% ones by Legendary Swordsman that are about the best deal in the tree. Beyond Berserking is "The Wheel of Life" When you find survival to start to get tough, head toward it and get the whole thing.
4. You are clearly a sword crit build from your passives. This is a bit of a niche build, but totally fine. Once you are done with the one-hand node wheel you are doing in the SW corner, head North from there (assuming you're ok on life, see #3). Do not take Resolute Technique! You have tons of crit/accuracy passives. Go past it and take Disembowling, Pure Brutality, and Blade of Renown. When you take Blade of Renown, just take enough nodes to get the notable; don't bother with the rest in the wheel unless you want the other 8% armor node.
5. You may want to tailor a single target attack to crit with your gems. Crit Damage is a great gem if you can support it with enough chance.
6. Start moving your gear in that direction too: Diamond Rings and a Crit amulet are a good start. The most important mod on your weapon outside of damage and speed is local crit chance. Get a 30%+ crit sword. The base crit of your sword is multiplied by all of your passives, so it is a super crucial number.
7. Once you have this stuff, take Cruelty (in Marauder that you go past). Take it after the crit chance nodes. Also, Sentinal is very good (near the Wheel of Life).
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Feb 5, 2014, 2:23:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info