How Does Specter Level Scaling Really Work?

"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"
Spectres do not scale up in levels, only down.

And there has been a ton of feedback sent to dev's and on the feedback forum saying this is a bad idea, because it means that when you get a level 77 spectre, its useless the second you return to town, because you have to go through eternal lab

We have had suggestion that they are either zone level or lvl they were raised at, whichever is lowest.

We have even had the suggestion that eternal lab is changed to a lvl 80 area. It wouldn't matter, its an instance with NO enemies, so having it ilvl 80 just means your spectres don't delevel

Set Eternal Lab to level 100 and avoid future scaling issues.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"
Spectres do not scale up in levels, only down.

And there has been a ton of feedback sent to dev's and on the feedback forum saying this is a bad idea, because it means that when you get a level 77 spectre, its useless the second you return to town, because you have to go through eternal lab

We have had suggestion that they are either zone level or lvl they were raised at, whichever is lowest.

We have even had the suggestion that eternal lab is changed to a lvl 80 area. It wouldn't matter, its an instance with NO enemies, so having it ilvl 80 just means your spectres don't delevel

Set it to level 100 and avoid future scaling issues.

A rogue exile appears!
~irrelevant.
Last edited by gr00grams on Feb 4, 2014, 4:51:16 PM
Looks like I might be wrong, actually - it seems like the spectres do scale back up, but only as far as the level they were originally raised as.
So all works as always was then, and we're still at a dilemma on max level specters...

If I may GGG, why not just implement a scaling method that scales specters to match the area you're in, regardless of raised level?

I don't see how this would impact balance at all, and would make quality of life so much better.

I.e. You summon a tentacle miscreation in lunaris. Go to a 78 map, it raises to 78. Go to a 73 map, it's 73, etc.

This would only allow summoners to use their preferred specter type, instead of having to hunt down types all over the place for a play session.
Last edited by gr00grams on Feb 4, 2014, 4:54:08 PM
"
Looks like I might be wrong, actually - it seems like the spectres do scale back up, but only as far as the level they were originally raised as.

Well thats good, glad that this was changed.

But now I wonder when, because I don't remember seeing it in patch notes, and I remember when the scaling didn't work this way when it was introduced.
Few minutes late it seems, got sidetracked in global.

Took Merci Rhoas to normal and back, about as effective as before.
Took normal rhoas to merci, slaughtered.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
"

This is pretty much how it was explained back then.

"
I don't see how this would impact balance at all, and would make quality of life so much better.

I.e. You summon a tentacle miscreation in lunaris. Go to a 78 map, it raises to 78. Go to a 73 map, it's 73, etc.

The explanation is the same as the one explaining downscaling.

You send a low level in a high level area and the spectres kill everything(even slower)

"
gr00grams wrote:
So all works as always was then, and we're still at a dilemma on max level specters...

If I may GGG, why not just implement a scaling method that scales specters to match the area you're in, regardless of raised level?

This would only allow summoners to use their preferred specter type, instead of having to hunt down types all over the place for a play session.

Because you would just go to normal to collect the perfect spectres with no effort or risk at all.
IGN: Kulde
"
Yxalitis wrote:
"
gr00grams wrote:

Because you would just go to normal to collect the perfect spectres with no effort or risk at all.

Compare to Desecrate.
I can get level 68 specters effortlessly as is, or with certain gems level 76 specters.

Also, why is this even a problem? I don't see any class but summoner needing to jump through so many hoops...
Last edited by gr00grams on Feb 4, 2014, 6:23:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info