Where can I buy hot cakes?

This one came up at dinner time:

If hot cakes are the be-all-and-end-all of the epitome of best selling products...

Why can't I find anywhere that sells hot cakes?
They're only for those in the secret Hot Cakes Cabal. Do not anger them.
You mean they've been stashing piping hot Victoria Sponges under the counter all this time?

Dayyyym, how do you join?
Hell if I know. I was banned by Hardlicker and then by Xpire, Boem, Fire_Kid, I_NO, HermitDragon, etc...
You should expo them in a tabliod for the celeb lolz and general revenge.

Then do celeb big brother for the lottery payoutness of it all.
My revenge tends to be much more subtle. Plus Big Brother turned me down. I didn't have any Hot Cakes for them.
Maybe hot cakes got nerfed way back when.

Maybe 100 years ago every shop on the high street sold nothing but hot cakes.

It was financially unviable to sell anything except hot cakes.

So the local taxmen came and imposed a massive nerf on hot cakes while the press demeaned them with scandals of "weavels found in 98% of hot cakes" shockers.

Until one day... no more hot cakes at all.

Until all we have left is this vague and ubiquitous catchphrase which passes down from generation to generation, like a crackling and barely definable 75 from the start of the recording era.

They'll sell like hot cakes they will, one trader barks to another, oblivious of the negative repercussions of his statements...
Most phrases originate from some factual starting point.

I can't ever remember buying hot cakes unless you count pancakes, but even then very rarely.

The expression could be changed to "sells like bottled water". Which leads into the question, what is the fastest selling product?

Video games seem to crop up when typing fast selling products in search engine.

So sells like video games could be this generations take on it.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Sells like prostitutes with beer. No. Too wordy.

Sells like Boem. No. Too few sells.

Sells like rum! No. The rum is all gone.

Well, I'm stumped.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info