(Cruel)Shadow Minion one-hit RIPs | 1,6k life Hi-Resistant Character

TL;DR:
Spoiler

I died in nemesis. GGG's fault. Developers, pls fix.

Long read:
Spoiler

I was just spinning around with cyclone at Vaal, having almost full life, no problem.
Suddenly the "Vaal Oversoul" raises his huge sledge as if preparing for his massive groundslam.
I casually decide to begin spinning towards his backside, since the buildup animation for the groundslam is so incredibly long I don't suspect any trouble.
But then suddenly at the point that Vaal has managed to raise the sledge almost behind his "head"(This means that there's still at least another second before the attack is supposed to trigger) I instantly die.
Desync is most likely not the case as I've been having perfectly good connection with little to no desync all day.

General info:
Spoiler
This was on nemesis, so I'm stuck in standard with what I thought would become the pride of my account.

I constantly keep an eye on my health bar, it's kindof an obsession, and the last time I glanced at it, it was ~1350.

Creatures that were currently alive and kicking in the zone were Vaal Oversoul, a Vaal Fallen and a shadow minion.

The Vaal Fallen was meters away and currently heading towards my character, so it wasn't him who hit me.

Summary:
     A Shadow Minion dealt above 1300 damage on the character displayed
     Nerf Shadow Minions in cruel act 2.

Stats:

Passive Tree:

For those who do not know, Shadow Minions are the little naggers that shoot barrages of chaos projectiles in the Vaal pyramid
Last edited by 6907531 on Feb 3, 2014, 6:53:27 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Desync has nothing to do with your connection...and cyclone has a good tendency to desync more than you probably realize. Moral of the story...don't get close to Vaal when he's use that attack AT ALL!

there is no bug here
But isn't desync related to pseudo-location of the character, not time delay related.
I died before the Oversoul's attack had been triggered.

Unless Oversoul's slam attack has a hitbox for when he lifts the sledge, preparing for the slam and unless Shadow Minions have ridiculous damage range, I believe my death goes unexplained.
Last edited by 6907531 on Feb 4, 2014, 2:20:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info