Anyway to bind more keys to skills?

oh I would really like to see here 10 keys + mouse buttons at least..
Then go play an MMORPG, where you have access to 40+ keybindings. No ARPG is going to give you a skill bar like that lol.
"
NathanBrazil wrote:
I use Fireball and flammability, these are constant casts
I also have 3 types of minions (spectre, Skeleton, Zombie), they die a lot, also constant casts.
I also use a spell totem and an aura.

Thats 5 keys and 2 mouse buttons.
I would like to also have vulnerability, fire trap and molten shell linked, unfortunately I can't
So I have a char thats capable of generating massive damage but instead I die often because my HP has paid the penalty.
If I was able to use all the skills I can equip it would balance my 800hp in Merciless ACT2
If I get touched I usually die.
Most bosses kill me multiple times.

After casting the ara you can switch another skill in its place and you could use a curse on the left mouse button (you won't cast it when you click on the ground, only if you click on a mob, it can however become problematic if you want to run away and click on a monster...)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
NathanBrazil wrote:
I also have 3 types of minions (spectre, Skeleton, Zombie), they die a lot, also constant casts.

I would like to also have vulnerability, fire trap and molten shell linked, unfortunately I can't
So I have a char thats capable of generating massive damage but instead I die often because my HP has paid the penalty.
If I was able to use all the skills I can equip it would balance my 800hp in Merciless ACT2

can you please post exactly what gems are linked to what supports. I don't understand how are you able to have so many gems in you gear, unless you are playing without supports

I have a fireball templar and he has
Fireball in 5L chest - first click
firestorm in 4L boots - second click
flamability (middle click) + two auras (can swap them after cast) + red mana cost in 4L head
molten shell with supports is 4L gloves - bind Q
and that leaves my with 2 x 3L from wand and shield which I could easily bind to W, E, R or T

So I don't/cant even use all binds

with ranger I run mana auras and BM auras so I have even more empty binds, since no place in gear to put gems.

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Oct 21, 2013, 9:03:01 AM
"
Peenk wrote:
Then go play an MMORPG, where you have access to 40+ keybindings. No ARPG is going to give you a skill bar like that lol.

D2, an ancient game, used to offer a lot more keybinds than PoE. It's a matter of convenience...I'd like to have more keybinds at my disposal, even if I don't use that many. And I'm sure that there are people out there that WOULD use them.
Last edited by IANVS on Oct 21, 2013, 10:13:42 AM
"
Peenk wrote:

Torchlight 1+2 gives you 10 hotkeys, and even automatically assign other keys for things like HP pots and MP pots, and then you also have a pet that auto casts skills that you set on it.

"
Arrogant wrote:
"
Pokeaman wrote:
I agree. What's the point of having more slots open at higher levels if you can't use the skills? Support gems, sure, but I'd still like to tie some more skills on.

You should only need to have 6 fully linked skills anyways.
Head
Chest
Weapon
Offhand
Boots
Gloves

4L: 3 auras + Reduced Mana
4L: 1-3 Curses + Increased Area of Effect, Increased Duration etc.
Purely utility skills like Lightning Warp, Leap Slam, Smoke Mine need an equipment slot too, if you have 4Ls filled by the above 2 setups.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Oct 21, 2013, 10:17:33 AM
I propose just adding an option which would make the skill bar bigger (in the UI settings probably). The buffing/utility/curse/summoning skills require some buttons too, apart from the attacking ones... And I already loose 3 of them to curses and 1 to auras.
Last edited by iarilo on Oct 23, 2013, 10:07:56 AM
"
NathanBrazil wrote:

If your char deals good damage, there are at least 2 ways around getting killed constantly:

1) Find a Granite Flask (Use orbs to change it to appropriate properties)

2) Find a Jade Flask (Use orbs to change it to appropriate properties)

It's not too difficult to press one key (like 4 or 5 in my case) just before you encounter a horde. That way you should have enough Armor or Evasion to get through the fight.

Last edited by RubberDuck52 on Jul 10, 2015, 11:01:47 AM
hi there:)

i was looking for a method to get more keybinds as well, then i found out that ppl are missing the situations where ppl might need more keybinds

the biggest reason currently in poe that will require more keybinds and spell slots in the interface is simply vaal gems.

for example you are storing 3 gems " vaal grace vaal haste and vaal discpline" for the boss, you also need a cry or 2 on the bar depends on how long can u keep ur endurance charges mainly as well as rallying buff..... also you need ur spamming ability and utility "escape" like phase run
there is also 1-3 curses " and above all this is a support build that i am testing anyway " so eventho i dont' deal any damage i can still use something in order to make use of elemental equilibirium "since my brother has high fire damage and i'd like ot break some resistance for him"

that's just one small situation of where u might need at least 10 keybinds.

also if u speced in a 3 curse build while u have many things ot keep up "skeletonsm, spirit , zombie and ofc the new golem" then u are storing vaals for them regan totem to heal them and one escape ability
again that's at least 10 abilities that u need be ready using them at anytime

and i am sure there is MORE situations where an interface with 10 spells "slots" is really critical

lets be honest :p the game is evolving and many things being introduced to the game constantly
and above all especially as i tried to make a complete support build trying to make use of everything possible and new, i noticed how i couldn't actually make that support build since i am unable to get all the spells and cds keybinded

"some might think that using a wand + on hit gem with all the curses keybound and shit might help " but even if it did i need at least 12 spell slot with all what i wanted to use,as well as i want my spamm spell to have culling strike rarity + quantity

ty for reading and plz consider it soon in the future
"
Last edited by naturefury1 on Aug 30, 2015, 6:53:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info