Scion Phys Wander needs your help!

Hey guys im playing a scion phys wander based on hp. My problem is that im stucking in act2 merc (fellshrine). Normaly im able to farm docks with lvl 62 but with this current build docks farm is way to hard. ive got max ele res, 2,5k hp,500ES, almost 50%cc with 6power charges and 462crit multi. My clear speed is still way to slow. So if anyone knows what im doing wrong please let me know. I really need your help guys :D

My current Gear
Spoiler

My current passive tree
you will get more damage if you go ele wander for now, phys wander reqruires insane gear for it to trump the cheap costs and effectivenes of an ele wander all you would need is wrath , weapon elemental damage from wherever and as much as you can get, and high attack speed

spec looks good but try and rush Intense Zeal the crit chance node on the left side, you will also want to get a crit chance wand with some type of elemental damage this alone will give you 60-76% crit chance thus making your crit multiplier so much more insane

Also try getting some accuracy because looking at your gear you dont really have any
arround 600-800 accuracy rating for your level should be good try hitting 900-1200 later on

getting resist nodes in the tree is pretty wasted as you can get it easily on your gear
might be a currency issue but it would get you alot of nodes you could spec into dps with
thanks for your advice. im using wrath and ele prolif now and im doing so much better.i removed all res nodes and reached max res with my new gear.now im gonna focus on a new wand and on more accuracy. thanks for helping. youre the best ;)
Last edited by waldgaist on Feb 2, 2014, 6:58:13 PM
hm............i suggest you give up that PS build, there have 2 way for ps, low life and CI

of coz low life will need the shavs and it will cost you so much, CI is cheaper but still need a 600+ es at least 5L, and your wand have no dmg....

PS build will cost you atleast 45ex+ , so you should think abt it that can you afford for the build

there is my ps build for reference

IGN: EveryDayIAimShuffling
Last edited by 12345080 on Feb 3, 2014, 6:35:39 PM
"
12345080 wrote:
hm............i suggest you give up that PS build, there have 2 way for ps, low life and CI

of coz low life will need the shavs and it will cost you so much, CI is cheaper but still need a 600+ es at least 5L, and your wand have no dmg....

PS build will cost you atleast 45ex+ , so you should think abt it that can you afford for the build

there is my ps build for reference

He is in Nemesis league so him like myself do not have access to the 4% ES regen ring to negate out the effects of the BR damage. Your build is cool though and that wand is amazing. Im working on something similar myself in Nemesis.
IGN NihaloUndead
"
Hey guys im playing a scion phys wander based on hp.

Your build is broken. It is essentially impossible to make a phys wander work via HP. Between life nodes, wand damage nodes, crit nodes, you just spend too many points and something has to give. Pys wanders always go CI because you get more CI (as compared to life) from gear so you have to invest less passives into your health than you do with life. This allows you to spend much needed passives in crit/damage.

You could probably make a siphon cast on crit work with life as you wouldn't need all the wand damage nodes. Phys wander low life also works because again you aren't investing a lot of passive points into life/es nodes. Ele wanders also work well as life.

Your wand is about 170DPS with is honestly a bit low, you need either a 200DPS wand or a 175DPS wand with high (10%+) crit chance. And with baseline wands like those you are going to have to put a lot more points into wand damage nodes than you are right now. Remember LMP/Chain is a .35 multiplier on your damage, you have to invest a lot (both gear and passives) to claw the damage back since you lose 2/3 of it. Your rings lack phys damage, which is desperately needed by phys wanders to get some damage back.

Your level is too low, my scion wander couldn't solo docks @65 (never mind slow clear speed I could barely stay alive). Wanding didn't start to work at all until L70 and didn't come into its own until L80.

As for your tree you've got way too many points put into resists, wanders cannot afford to waste passives like that. You have to get your resists from gear. You are missing the bullying cluster, again absolutely needed. All of the ele damage nodes up there are essentially more nodes (meaning you'll get a 1.3 multiplier on your damage once you get all of them) and Bullying is a huge help with CC by keeping mobs off you. Wanding is a crit build so ele damage enables freeze/shock/burn. Based on your lack of +mana nodes you can't be running much in the way of auras, phys wanders absolutely must run hatred to boost damage (and help with CC with freeze). You are giving up DPS by running item rarity, without a mirror worthy wand phys wanders cannot do this. You need either added fire or WED there for damage boost. IMO barrage is a terrible single target skill, frenzy or siphon both work much better (frenzy is much more group friendly as it allows you to let someone else cull rares/bosses).

If you want to go life and have some flexibility then I recommend ele wander instead. Ele wanders get their damage from wrath/anger so your wand is much less important (get a base damage high crit wand). Since you are getting damage from auras the only wand cluster you really need is Fusillade, freeing up a lot of points for life. Parties will also love you as you bring two offensive auras to the party that are pretty uncommon these days. The drawback is that you cannot use gear/passives to leech life/mana (although there is no need to level siphon/frenzy/barrage as an ele wander so mana costs are much lower). Scions in particular make great ele wanders as they are positioned well to chase all the aura nodes and have that big life cluster handy.

Here is my scion wander for reference. Looking at my passive tree every node is pretty vital, the only wiggle room in my tree IMO is Wandslinger's Prowess vs. Fusillade vs. Throatseeker. (With high crit wand I think Throatseeker but base crit wand makes me waffle.) That tree + gear below gives me 4k siphon DPS, nowhere near top end wanders but enough to be functional. I get about 4k siphon DPS with all charges up.

But look at my tree and what are you going to remove to grab +175% in life? It's just so hard to come up with the points.

My (sorta junky) gear.
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info