POE already setting standards

There is new Torchlight II gameplay:
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=now_playing_torchlight_ii20110629&hd=1
in about 18 minute of film you can see charges very similiar (visually) to those known from POE:
http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2011-04-12/dev-diary-charges
https://www.artstation.com/pstaszkiewicz
Last edited by PeterKane on Jul 1, 2011, 5:05:50 AM
I guess you never played the assassin in D2?
I dont like the artstyle of torchlight at all :(
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
"
Malice wrote:
I guess you never played the assassin in D2?

I sure did, but somehow me too never thought thats where the PoE charge idea could come from (:

"
wakko wrote:
I dont like the artstyle of torchlight at all :(

While art is probably my last priority in games (but PoE looking as good as it does only gets bonus points in my book ofcourse), first game of Torchlight made clear it is not "that" game were waiting for. While I did one full run through the game (and some tryout incomplete runs before that), I'm sure that being hardcore ironman played a big role in keeping the interest up. Haven't touched it since, while I was passionate about D2 for years (and still get that D2 itch time to time).

P.S. I was really looking forward to mods of Torchlight (as I said I can live with its artstyle but not the content) only to find no sign of even a 'single' conversion mod up to date despite all the games modding support. Meanwhile D2 being extremely modding unfriendly have all those wonderful mods out there (but I never played them much since the basic game was so awesome...oh the irony).

Sorry for the nonsense offtopic but I felt like saying a few words about my feelings towards Torchlight (=

Last edited by nermind on Jul 1, 2011, 9:36:45 AM
Art style is a huge part for me personally. I cant fully enjoy a game if I dont enjoy looking at its art style. Doesnt matter if it is a new/old game, if I dont enjoy the art style of it I cant fully enjoy it.

Its like food, if it taste good but looks like something the cat dragged in, you cant fully enjoy it. However, if it also looks tasty, you can enjoy it more

EDIT; I should mention that I hate almost all games that has these cartoony graphics. I have no idea why companys even consider doing these kind of graphics. Just my personal opinion though. It would be fine if a few games did it, sure, it would have a certain charm. But when almost the whole industry starts doing it? Come on...

Last edited by wakko on Jul 1, 2011, 9:56:52 AM
"
wakko wrote:
I have no idea why companys even consider doing these kind of graphics.

Were in the age of clones. Hey hey the most successive game on the market has cartoony graphics, designers - you know what to do.
Growing up playing Mario, and before that, games on the C64 I have no problems with "cartoon" graphics.

Books come in different flavors, so do movies. Sin City wouldn't have worked if it was filmed like Saving Private Ryan.

Plenty of room for all kinds of games, and dismissing one simply by appearance is always a bad policy in my mind.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
i also cannot enjoy without nice art stle,but gameplay is everything we have to saw what PoE will offer to us,they have some good ideas but we only can wait to see them
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Growing up playing Mario, and before that, games on the C64 I have no problems with "cartoon" graphics.

yeah, it also depends on the genre ofc. and settings and stuff like that. But a game that obviously shouldnt be cartoony, and then the devs make it cartoony. I just plain hate that.

that what i see in poe videos is the game look very polish and detailed i like it :0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info