Legacies and why they are the best items to invest in the long run.

"
Chris wrote:
Old mods and items will not be removed or changed for players who currently have them. Powerful legacy items are a feature of the permanent leagues.

Link: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/792562

So I decided to take a break from some crazy ass playing (Prolly be back in March/April when the new mega patch is out) and after some discussion with various friends, it was clear that legacies were the best items to plonk my currency into so as to fight against exalt inflation.

Let's talk about the big 3 and why their price will continue to increase. I'm linking the items so that newer players who played after the legacy era do not have to spend time searching for the legacy versions.

Demand v Supply
The big main reason why the value of these 3 items will continue to increase is simply because of demand and supply, easy economics. Basically, supply has stopped, but demand is increasing everyday. Legacy items will never drop again. Yet as the player base increases over time, some of these newer players, aside from the existing playerbase, will also want to aim for these items. Hence, demand outweighs supply greatly, leading to the price of these items rising constantly.

Let's take a look at the items individually then.

Soul Taker
For Soul Taker, the only reason why it is so coveted is because of the "Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks" mod, allowing builds which require crazy amounts of mana to exist. Or it could also be used as an offhand. Most Immortal Aegis Tank builds would choose a Legacy Soul Taker over a BIS Mirrorable Rare any other day. The fact that GGG released a lousier version of it with lesser DPS meant that even GGG felt it was overpowered even though it provides way lesser DPS than a BIS Mirrorable Rare.

Kaom's Heart

For Kaom's Heart, I think it is pretty obvious why. Many players in this game would wonder how this item even passed testing to be introduced into the game. This chest will be BIS for any single 6L build in this game, I can safely say even in the very long run. Even if Act 4 comes out, and higher iLvl chests which can give 3K Armor, 200 HP and +60 All Res are released, many will still choose to use Kaom's Heart. It's simple why. Already with current iLvl items, many players are already able to easily overcap resistances without the chest. Even if the Resistance cap were to be increased to 100, it will still be easily capped even with current iLvl items and passive nodes. Hence, I will safely call Kaom's Heart a mistake, because the +1000HP mod is simply asinine.

Shavronne's Wrappings
Lastly, the moment they released Solaris Lorica, it is obvious that Shavronne's Wrappings will continue to be the best option for low-life builds. I do not see any future item released that can outperform Shavronne's Wrappings, simply put. Releasing a version of lower ES will not change anything because players who strive for perfection will still want the legacy version.

TL;DR
Invest any exalts you have into Legacies. And wait :)

IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Last edited by Wishinan on Feb 13, 2014, 4:35:26 AM
Reserved.
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Except there will be higher tier items, as it's promised up to 10 acts. And I hardly doubt that there won't be any competing, not-so-hard-acquired uniques/rares.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
If people are interested in investing they should probably try to get a job at Goldman Sachs.
Nothing to see here.
True, I've already done that months ago, in a smaller scale of course.

Bought Kaoms for 70 ex, sold for 120 a month later.

One might ask why would anyone pay 200 ex for legacy Kaoms in few months? Why not, if you're deep in endgame and it's the only thing that provides the best upgrade-cost relation.

Same is with Rainbowstride and Facebreaker, only in smaller scale.
I will always hate OP legacies. Even if I owned a crap load of them I still think they are a bad idea.
Standard Forever
"
tinko92 wrote:
Bought Kaoms for 70 ex, sold for 120 a month later.

Main purpose of thread is to raise awareness about this.
Bah, it's standard- So I don't care
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
"
bilun wrote:
Bah, it's standard- So I don't care

Apparently you do care, writing this post....... ;)

Ps. Good post i second this. If u need true GG items or you just wanna profit from it increasing its value overtime. Legacy items is the best choice because they can never fall in value due to as u say, they dont drop anymore :).

Heres my 2

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
paid 9 ex for my soultaker

sold 50 ex

now its legacy

I am sad :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info