[Guide] Pulps 1 week Ele Wander

just lower my dmg on ele reflect and only use st when a topaz is up

the wand is ok but crit chance is the most important stat on a wand

i have 78% crit chance without crit chance on a wand that would be like

50% so significantly lowering your dps
WTF dat chest and shield :D
Impressive.

What was your chance to hit? You only have like 1,5k accuracy rating or so, but you seem to be hitting everything O.o
Pls I don't see why the shield is so good, pls explain all I see is thorns and evasion but no armor?
"
RotInPieces wrote:
Pls I don't see why the shield is so good, pls explain all I see is thorns and evasion but no armor?

The evasion plus energy shield is huge. A shield with that much es alone is pretty decent, but to have that huge ev roll too, that's a beast.
What was your /played on that character in the 1w? Empower level 2, maligaro's, that shield, etc.
sigfault
"
joshhunt92 wrote:
"
RotInPieces wrote:

The evasion plus energy shield is huge. A shield with that much es alone is pretty decent, but to have that huge ev roll too, that's a beast.

His armor is indeed a bit low for a typical Elemental Wander (Good Archon Kite + Saintly Chainmail), but you can get away with a lot as a ranged character, and Artic Armor is still as crazy as ever.

My friend plays with ~25k GMP Power Siphon and ~90k Ele hit and rarely has any issues with incoming damage, simply because he can destroy the entire screen before it becomes a problem (3-4k life, only has armor on his chest and shield, low-ish evasion).

I'm wondering why he's using Power Siphon on single target over Elemental Hit (possibly the mana cost - as I recall a 4L Ele hit can get quite mana hungry)

Edit: Static Blows - What gives? It's very nice for most builds, but seeing as wanders easily get that 70%+ crit chance, why would you bother spending extra points just to get Static Blows? The 20% Shock chance is essentially wasted, and all you're left with is 20% Shock Duration, which again should be a non-issue (I know that it makes stacking easier, but Elemental wanders stack lightning damage to the extreme - plus crit - so shock stacks should be a given).

Also, I assume you skipped Arcing Blows because of your gear? It looks pretty damn good for high-end lightning damage gear.
Ingame names:
Eregoth_DD
Eregoth_Reave
Last edited by Eregoth on Feb 2, 2014, 2:04:58 AM
Yeah i skipped artic blows because reflect would have been to much of an issue

i just took the static blows because we had a summoner in the group so when i put in ele prolif on half regen of reflect maps for example i was just making sure the entire screen was shock stacked before the unrighteous fire would take effect hence the reason why i took static blows

and i didnt run wrath myself till the last day so if i LoSed my aura support guy i would still be able to shock stack easily with static blows
Ah, of course. I thought it might have been because of leveling and uncertainty with regards to gear (1-weeks can be rather unpredictable).
Ingame names:
Eregoth_DD
Eregoth_Reave
"
dangerbob wrote:
Impressive.

What was your chance to hit? You only have like 1,5k accuracy rating or so, but you seem to be hitting everything O.o

i had arround 900-1400 accuracy rating troughout the week wich is more then enough

you have to keep in consideration the monster level of maps i spend the majority of my time
its not like i chained 77+ maps where it would have been ideal to get a little more accuracy
but even then in the past on my lvl 94 hardcore wander 1300-1400 was enough

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info