About the New 'Arctic Skull' Microtransaction

Hi

Cool, thanks Bunnu. I know people other then just myself are fascinated with the process of uniques. As a Diamond supporter just curious but do you get option of with holding your unique till 3d art added or bring into game and add later?

I will send another message despite being msged by Bex and returning the message.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

"
I told you if there is, let me know, but you didn't. Instead, you gave me a generalizing statement regarding other microtransactions. I also said I didn't run into the clipping issue with any of the skull microtransactions.

"
Finkenstein wrote:
And what makes you feel like such a expert on this subject? Will it be fixed if I let you know? DO you have the power? I have told Russel this issue before, not a peep back.

"
Pardon my late reply.

I may not have certain power, but yes I do have power in some way, shape, or form. The power to change things depends on the people's persistence to want it bad enough, and I am one of those people in the PoE community.

Persistence when presenting ideas, criticism, etc. means bumping your own thread (IF you absolutely feel the need to) more than just once (unless someone does it for you) every now and then until it sticks to the brains of the developers. When you completely give up and don't bump good ideas whether they're yours (if need be) or someone else's, nothing changes!

Personally, I'm not one to give up, and one thing I can guarantee you is I am more determined than most posters on these forums when it comes to suggestions and pointing things out.

Let me my forum post history be proof of that.

Furthermore, it's not a matter of me being an expert at anything; it's a matter of simply asking you to point out clipping issues with the Skull Microtransactions since the topic of 'clipping' is something you brought up, not me. Other Microtransactios that actually do have clipping issues has nothing to do with my OP since that's not the case for Skull Microtransactions (far as I know until someone proves otherwise.)

"
Finkenstein wrote:
The ice/lit/fire skulls are the few transactions that don't clip, that leaves over 95% clipping transactions left to choose from. GGG doesn't deserve your defense, they can defend themselves, GGG is just like any other gaming company once it gets a whiff of success, the fans thoughts and ideas are thrown out the window.

"
GGG is not just any other game company. More than not, GGG's team does respond to the community. Just because they don't respond to you and every other person they don't always get around to does not make it fair to compare them to other game companies (like Blizzard) that actually don't really give a damn, because if they did care (like Blizzard used to back in the old days,) their newest games wouldn't fail so hard.

The moral of the story is the players need developers to play their game(s), and developers need the players to help improve their game. Any game company that does not believe or acknowledge that fact is sorely mistaken.

But since GGG isn't that illogical, from what I gather in what you're saying is GGG can rely on their own merits and don't need any help, and neither do they welcome any help be it in the form of criticism, suggestions, etc.

IF GGG really didn't care about the opinions of fans whatsoever (regardless if they reply to every PoE user or not,) they would close the suggestions forums and all other forums where the players can freely express what they want to say about PoE.

"
Finkenstein wrote:
See sarcastic image

cheers

"
So, what's your fictitious story? Mine is truth. *Eats popcorn*

EDIT: Remember (even if it was bad,) your unfortunate customer support and gameplay experience does not epitomize everyone else's experience. As you can clearly see, someone already said they got a refund on their Microtransaction (and so did I at one time on 2 Microtransactions.)
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Feb 9, 2014, 5:17:54 PM
Hi

HeavyMetalGear
"
EDIT: Remember (even if it was bad,) your unfortunate customer support and gameplay experience does not epitomize everyone else's experience. As you can clearly see, someone already said they got a refund on their Microtransaction (and so did I at one time on 2 Microtransactions.)

So what was your point? That you got refunded?, that no one else can have a opinion on their experience? That a company can sell clipping products and buyers beware? Did I mention that I epitomize everyone else or are you merely attempting to suggest such absurd activities in hope that it sends me into a fit of incomprehensible rage?

Clearly you didn't read this post:
"
I will send another message despite being msged by Bex first and not returning the message.
I admit I corrected the statement so it has ''not'' and ''first'' in it, but I am sure you clearly saw this.

p.s. Giant sword back transactions? this isn't WOW or d3...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

"

"
Finkenstein wrote:
see obnoxious, overrated image:

"
If pictures of mockery are the main source of your comebacks, consider a smarter source based on your own merits, for example, a reply that actually makes sense, a reply convincing enough you have room to facepalm my end of the discussion.

"
Finkenstein wrote:
So what was your point? That you got refunded?, that no one else can have a opinion on their experience? That a company can sell clipping products and buyers beware? Did I mention that I epitomize everyone else or are you merely attempting to suggest such absurd activities in hope that it sends me into a fit of incomprehensible rage?

"
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but your opinions are often over-generalizations that are only fact because you (and some other PoE users) experienced it.

Is that the case for everyone? No.

That being said, my point was to stop being a beggar for attention (call it what you will) when it comes to the developers. If they want to give you attention, or when they find the time to, they will. Until then, stop griping about it. Furthermore, I gave you an example of PoE users (including me) getting refunds on their Microtransactions to get you to open your closed eyes to the fact GGG is not a company that doesn't give a damn like you seem to believe.

I give feedback and send in feasible complaints all the time to the developers, but does everything I suggest or bring up get attention? Hell no, but I'm not complaining over it!

And you didn't have to say your gameplay and support experience epitomized everyone else's, but coming from how you paint PoE and GGG's support team in a bad light, you make it sound as if this is an all-the-time thing, that nothing will ever change or be done.

The way you look at PoE and GGG's team is completely hopeless at best (from what I see.)

"
Finkenstein wrote:
Clearly you didn't read this post:
"
I will send another message despite being msged by Bex first and not returning the message.
I admit I corrected the statement so it has ''not'' and ''first'' in it, but I am sure you clearly saw this.

"
Yeah, but if that Diamond Supporter didn't come around, you wouldn't have done anything. Soon as that Diamond Supporter (who said some of the same things I said) came into the picture, your attitude changed drastically, and I quote:

"
Finkenstein wrote:
"Hi

Cool, thanks Bunnu. I know people other then just myself are fascinated with the process of uniques. / As a Diamond Supporter...

I will send another message despite being msged by Bex and returning the message.

cheers

"
That's the most pretentious and obsequious response, meanwhile, you're mouthing off at me. (In case you're wondering, the word obsequious is a better way of putting the original phrase.)

But oh no, watch out! when HeavyMetalGear comes into the picture it's war, followed by the thought, "No matter what he says, give him Hell!"

Yeah, give me Hell, and I'll gladly return it ten-fold or more.

One thing about me is I got everyone's back who I think is in the right vs. the wrong, and at this moment, those people are the developers of PoE working their asses off to please me, you, and hundreds of thousands of others in this community to the best of their ability with only about 30 people working in their company.

"
Finkenstein wrote:
p.s. Giant sword back transactions? this isn't WOW or d3...

cheers

"
It's quite clear you see a half and not a whole. You pick out only what you want to pick at without actually going deeper into the much bigger things I've suggested.

And yeah, that's right, because the rinky dink back attachement(s) now in the Shop look like childsplay and don't really leave a lasting impression at all. They are equivalent to 'meh' quality, meaning boring / uninteresting.

It's like you think I have no reason or basis behind my suggestions... I have my reasons, and my reasons are clear (except to you.)

P.S. Tell me, what have you done so spectacular in this community (other than mock people) to have room to laugh at and belittle me? (and possibly others.) If your profile wasn't set to Private, I can guarantee not so much. If you're going to facepalm at people, at least have room to do so.

I'm listening...

EDIT: You're right about one thing... Technically, PoE is not D3 or WoW, but at the same time, PoE is not Final Fantasy 7 (materia concept through PoE's use of Skill Gems,) Final Fantasy 10 (PoE's Skill Tree,) and a list of other games either.

But at the end of the day, originality is redundant since we've exhausted almost every idea imaginable. For example, look at commercials and Hollywood in general; it's all the same stuff and it's getting worse! Why? Because we're running out of ideas.

No matter what game, it's a huge chain from way back when up to now, one game taking from another game. If you knew how business truly works when it comes to game companies you would know that in order to stay in the competition, taking another game's concept and making it one's own in some way, shape, or form is what's required to keep up with competitors.

Therefore, originality is close to gone. Until the world falls again like many civilizations in the past, the idea in our time is to refine the existing concept(s) even if it means borrowing.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Feb 13, 2014, 8:26:00 PM
Hi

Thank you for fully derailing your thread. Maybe now you understand that you are a unique snowflake in a snowstorm: No one cares. Do you seriously think someone is gonna spend the time to read your blowhard statements? Who gives a fuck what you have or haven't done for the community lately? It is funny enough that you think this game has a community, maybe if you played it in CB you might've seen a community but wait you weren't their...

P.S. Giant childish weapons on characters backs is stupid and droll and does not belong in the POE game design.The best help you can give Dev's is to keep some of your ideas to yourself.:)

cheers
Pardon my late reply. After all this time, is that the best you got? It seems you're at a lack of better replies, and not because you don't care to give a better one, but because you cannot give one.

"
Finkenstein wrote:
Thank you for fully derailing your thread.

Perhaps you should educate yourself regarding what to derail something means via my thread.

Everything I have said thus far in response to you and others in this thread pertains to the title of the OP in some way, shape, or form. Then it became about GGG, their support, and their developer team, which is still on topic since it's all part of and related to the main source.

"
Finkenstein wrote:
Maybe now you understand that you are a unique snowflake in a snowstorm: No one cares.

Where did whether or not anyone cares to read what I have to say come into the picture here? That's besides the point.

"
Finkenstein wrote:
Do you seriously think someone is gonna spend the time to read your blowhard statements?

What a way to answer your own question by actually caring to reply back to me regardless of your excuses or reasons for doing so.

"
Finkenstein wrote:
Who gives a fuck what you have or haven't done for the community lately?

You (and a small handful of others,) that's who.

Furthermore, I never say anyone cares about anything I do or say. Instead, I let other people speak for me through their actions and responses toward me, that which answers your question.

Those are the people who care about what I've done in this community.

"
Finkenstein wrote:
It is funny enough that you think this game has a community, maybe if you played it in CB you might've seen a community but wait you weren't their...

I'm sorry to see you're such a miserable and ignorant fellow. It's a shame (sarcasm not intended.)

It's also funny you contradicted yourself when saying, "Who gives a fuck what you have or haven't done for the community lately?"

Wait, for the what? The community?! I thought PoE didn't have a community! You could have at least been more specific by saying, "...for the so-called community."

You shoot yourself in the foot every time. You already blew off one foot, and now you're on your last one! Before you know it, you won't have any feet to blow off, then the rest of you will be gone.

Look what you're doing to yourself... Here, I want you to have this First Aid Kit to patch you all up.

"
Finkenstein wrote:
P.S. Giant childish weapons on characters backs is stupid and droll and does not belong in the POE game design.The best help you can give Dev's is to keep some of your ideas to yourself.:)

cheers

Yeah, my ideas are so terrible, except you only looked at one idea, preying only on one suggestion I made you didn't like.

Giant...childish...weapons. Regardless of your age, tell me something, what do you suppose would happen if you showed your father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, or anyone who didn't grow up around games like this one would say to you just for being interested in playing games like Path of Exile?

They would either 1. Tell you to get up off your ass and get a job (even if you got a job, they'd tell you to go outside and do something) 2. Ask what you're doing playing bullshit fantasy online games that look cartoony OR 3. Reminisce in the past on what was vs. what currently is and give you that 'WTF' face regarding what they see as a messed up generation due to drastic changes in the last 100 years.

The above stated is in their words and thoughts, not mine since I do enjoy today's gaming.

I'm sure most of us have been there, but they were gaming too (I tell them) back in the day when it came to Pacman, Mario, Pong, Sonic, Atari, and other classics.

On another note (I asked you in my other comment,) let your failure to say what you've actually done for PoE and the community be proof of you doing absolutely nothing at all.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Feb 19, 2014, 3:27:45 AM
I have no idea whats going on in this thread. Just quotes flying everywhere >.>
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:

You are not alone.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Russell wrote:

Guy 1 thinks your work sucks, and that every MTX should have the work of a 1000pt MTX.
Guy 1 also thinks his opinion is important enough to make you change your design that you've likely sold to thousands of happy customers.
Guy 2 baits/trolls guy 1 into getting pissed.
Guy 1 does get pissed, and then attacks other aspects of this game, and/or it's community.
Guy 3,4,5,6,7 and 8 really don't give a fuck about what's going on, but decided to +1 or +gif anyway because lulz would be had.
Guy 2 makes more bait attempts.
Guy 1 continues to get baited into being even more pissed.
Giant quote walls
more giant quote walls
Everyone laughs at Guy 1.
???
Profit.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
The white random dots coming out of the Arctic Skull that look like snowflakes does not look right.

I know a game is a game, but it's not realistic in that there should only be white vapor emitting from the Arctic Skull, not white snowflakes.

Sure, if it's cold enough and the conditions are right it will snow (if we're going to be literal,) but the animation effect on the Arctic Skull itself, for lack of better comparison, should be similar to what happens when you set dry ice down on a table, which emits white vapor, not snowflakes.

If you remove the snowflakes with only the cold white vapor emitting from the Arctic Skull, it would make more sense and look much better.

Conclusively, the extra snowflake effect is not necessary.

Thank you for looking into this.
HeavyMetalGear

it's dandruff. how do you think he got bald? :S

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info