[1.1.4] 5 aura EB AA Piscator's burning power siphon dps 60k by Donaldgo (video)

I'm running a similar ele wander spec on witch on invasion. Having an OK time but don't have a 5L chest yet (got all the gems poppy) and decided to go for survivability ie went down to ranger for life nodes. ATM running clarity, anger and wrath (want to run grace when I get the templar aura nodes). Anyone else running this build in invasion? Cos I think running evasion and ondars is better at least for reflect and survivability against reflect. I'm progressing through act 2 merc with almost capped resists 2-3 k evasion and 3.7K life with about 1k dps with PS/WED/LMP/ICD (actually running LGOH instead of WED atm so I have some sustain).

Just rolled this wand today
"
Slagmaur wrote:

Bought this for 5 chaos.

Oh boy, seller made a mistake letting that go for only 5c...
Last edited by toyotatundra on Apr 8, 2014, 6:10:27 AM
"
jwizzled wrote:
I'm running a similar ele wander spec on witch on invasion. Having an OK time but don't have a 5L chest yet (got all the gems poppy) and decided to go for survivability ie went down to ranger for life nodes. ATM running clarity, anger and wrath (want to run grace when I get the templar aura nodes). Anyone else running this build in invasion? Cos I think running evasion and ondars is better at least for reflect and survivability against reflect. I'm progressing through act 2 merc with almost capped resists 2-3 k evasion and 3.7K life with about 1k dps with PS/WED/LMP/ICD (actually running LGOH instead of WED atm so I have some sustain).

Just rolled this wand today

Nugiyen (streamer) did a Witch with all the aura nodes and going down to Ondar's Guile.
Here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYC_L3bhDFo&list=PLS95gvTGa75i4XjEHror34O29MzNHDJFZ

"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Slagmaur wrote:

Bought this for 5 chaos.

Oh boy, seller made a mistake letting that go for only 5c...

There's no demand for these items.How many players nowadays play Eldritch Battery in standard?
Too few I think.
To crit or not to crit ?
This is a build ive played with modifications since start of open beta. Remember the days where you could run 7 auras at the same time ;)

Either how, my twist of it is running with a summon skeleton totem. Really makes your toon uncathable. Next plan is to get a vaal coldsnapp and bind it to CODT to freeze those few that geet through the wandspam.

I go with faster attack gem instead of the chain I used to go with (went oom after 8th cast). Been trying around a few gems, but after i replaced my %elem damage support with a magic find i realized you dont really need more than the wrath and anger aura ;)

My gear isnt near optimal, got an alphas waiting for the right sockets, but again, I farm like mad with this setup already. (Dunno abut higher content, only lvl 72 mapping 66-68)

This is a farm toon atm, therefore the odd gems in my gear, im leveling them up for a dischargebuild. But even with 10+ lvling gems taking up slots its still a machine.

Got to spend some time on this today. Got a set of windscream boots with cwdt> molten shell> enduring cry> and warlords mark. Trying to add to my pretty low life and mana leech to increase survivability. Currently I am only able to run wrath and anger together and that leaves me with about 170 manager left which means after a few casts I end up one regular wand shot for every power syphon shot. Not really ideal. With 7 power charges I'm at about 2500dps currently, just under 2k without power charges. My HP isn't that great either but my lioneye's shield should fix that when I hit level 70.

If you guys wouldn't mind checking out my templar and pointing out any obvious upgrades that don't break the bank that would be awesome. Thanks! **saving for that alpha's howl. About 20% there**

...brings back fond D2 LoD memories...
@ride1226

Your wand is quite the same with the threadstarter so you're ok with that.
You need to get more ES in your gear.Try to get an ES armor.
You need weapon elemental damage on your jewels and belt.
Mana regeneration on items is pretty mandatory.
The belt you have is worthless for this build.

Mana problems ? Drop faster attacks,use AR/ES shield.You have to understand that
wanders are good after their auras are leveled and they get some levels.70+ i think.

And last but least.Why have you leveled your power siphon ? Level 5 is the level you need.
If you want to level another in order to make it +20% level it in weapon swap.
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on Apr 9, 2014, 4:29:43 AM
What the guy above me said.

Get another 40-80% manareg on rings. (dunno Your lvl and spec, but are some Nice manareg around the ranger auranodes. And get them 3 auraclusters if you havnt. That will get you clarity, anger, wrath and a good 200 or so mana to shoot With, wich is enough With the right es to mana ratio and manareg. And that Power siphon, dont Level it past lvl 5!!!!!! The phys damage is nothing for you. Get a New one, WAAAAY to mana expensive. Thats probably Your main concern for handeling mana. And soon enough faster attack gem is no problem att all.

Drop that belt, its utterly crap since you do elemental damage, not physical. Get a belt With 25% elem weapon damage and some resists perhaps.

I used to og With windscream, but realised it took more time casting 2 curses then just spam siphon (since most mobs are 1-2 shotted With projectile weakness anyways) And i really needed the resists on my New crap boots :D

My weakness after last patch is resists, so therefore i use my skeleton totem as meatshields so i can play safe glasscanon behind them.

I did not realize that about power syphon. Thanks guys. Luckily I have a couple others.

As for my belt I kinda had a feeling that was the case. I was looking at it last night and looking for other belts with just manager leech from all DMG done but I see that mod doesn't exist. I will try to find mana regen, some resists, and weapon elemental damage.

As for my jewelry I'm kinda stuck right now. THe dex and str they use are holding up a few pieces if my other gear. I'll have to do a bit of a balancing act or get a few more levels to fix that issue. Currently I'm level 64 so I should be getting close to having this build come to life. I am following the OPs tree exactly so far.

Thanks all!

EDIT: Should I not be leveling Vaal Power Syphon either?!
Last edited by ride1226 on Apr 9, 2014, 11:54:52 AM
So I hit level 70 this morning. Was able to put on my shiny new shield. Also made some other gear changes yesterday including a new helm and belt. I am running anger and wrath with clarity currently working pretty good. I get most mobs down before going OOM. I have a very nice amulet in stash to go on, but if I pull my current ammy I'm short on str and dex for the shield and haste and faster attacks gems by about 10-15. Going to try for a few more levels by the weekend and hopefully save enough for some maligaro's gloves. That will take care of my dex needs, and hopefully the levels fix my str issue and then I can put on my new amulet. I will also be unlocking a reduced mana reserve node with about 4 lvls as well. So hopefully good things to come. Here's my gear as of this morning!

is this good for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info