Season Six, Event 91: 3 Hour Fracturing Party

Point Tiers are nonsense.
Required levels should be lowered by 25-30%, at least the level reqs for the early 1,3,4 points.

Died to desync in Southern Forest at lv 15.

Same as turbo: Waste of time; too much desync (EU).
Last edited by xays27 on Feb 1, 2014, 10:59:37 PM
Desync is already a problem with large groups, fracture makes it way worse. In addition the combination of no XP for fractures and level rewards being the same for a standard race of same length is not good. Have fractures give some XP (10%-20% of original mob) or lower the level requirements for rewards.

Fractures giving full XP would make for a crazy race that could be loads of fun. That is a race I would like to try even with the insane desync.

Use spectral throw or fire trap: the race. Such fun. Not.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
First character (Fire Trap Shadow) died to Rhoas on Mud Flats. Second one died on the Upper Submerged Passage, with the Brood Princess in plain sight of the entrance, meaning I spent several minutes hip deep in fracturing Broodlings. In no time the screen was choked with pint-size blue calimari and the floor was carpeted in Spawn carcasses. The video was stuttering worse than Mel Tillis in a tax audit.

On the plus side, my third attempt gave me lots of experience with Freezing Pulse and Ice Spear, in a vain attempt to see if freezing and shattering the pre-fracture mobs might stave off the fracturing (it doesn't).

Serious crapfest. Not doing one of these again.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."

RIPed at lvl 18 to a pack of spark mages in SINs3 with 20 min left. Only kept going after 16 because at the time I was the #14 witch and was hoping a few people ahead of me might RIP/bail and I could break top 10 for the 1st time. Should've stuck to fellshrine farming I guess.

On the plus side, ice nova worked great for crowd control; fractured packs only took 1.5-2x as long to kill as normally.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Last edited by Summoner on Feb 1, 2014, 11:46:42 PM
another desync death at the end of a race... leap slam needs a fixin

that skill alone has screwed me out of 10 points just this week
As insane as Endless Ledge, the way i like it.

Spoiler
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Feb 2, 2014, 12:07:04 AM
I have mixed feelings about this mod by itself.

It sounded fun at first, but it turned out to feel like such a chore.

Fractured clones give no exp. The only benefit to killing them is flask charges.

Point tiers need work too.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Gary_GGG on Feb 2, 2014, 9:18:35 AM
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
Use spectral throw or fire trap: the race. Such fun. Not.

Actually was good race for Detonate Dead... that was pretty funny to watch.

All in all it was a novel race. I couldn't stop laughing at the hoards of fractures. If the fractures had given experience, the point ladder for levels would have been right.... still wouldn't get far on maps though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info