Season Six, Event 91: 3 Hour Fracturing Party

first mob fractured and each dropped a gem - NICE!!!
50+ monsters onscreen during my hailrake run attempt made for some of the most hilarious levels of desync ive seen yet, and thats saying something. Logged out with about 40 water elementals onscreen teleporting around constantly, no way im wading through 3 hours of that garbage.

Similar to turbo, this mode seems like it should be fun but is let down by the flawed netcode.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Feb 1, 2014, 9:18:51 PM
Not sure how I died. Probably about 15-20 invisible goat leaps at once.
Funny 15 minutes, not hyped to try it again.
Boring isn't the word I'd use so much as ridiculous. When every non-unique fractures, tight enclosed spaces like the Submerged Passages and the Prison become almost impassible. Furthermore, making the point breaks identical to a regular 3 hour race is absurd, because you're only getting experience about 1/3 to 1/5 the time at best. (Remember, only the original gives you experience; the fractures only contribute flask charges and wasted time.)

I don't think this mod is boring at all, but I do hate it with a passion.

EDIT: I'm not entirely sure the fractures even give you flask charges...
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Feb 1, 2014, 9:38:52 PM
"
first mob fractured and each dropped a gem - NICE!!!

You have a use for five identical starting gems...?

EDIT: ...apart from scraps of wisdom...?
Last edited by Gruentod on Feb 1, 2014, 9:39:20 PM
yea this is the worse desync race ive ever seen, would not ever run again, sorry ggg
Fracturing mobs has kill me twice during last week even. Twice was almost impossible.

First : a fracturing electric discharge with flicker strike mobs, in act 3, the market : you kill him, there's 8 new mobs that flicker strike on you and discharge their charges. Instant death for witch with low hp, in a small area you can't evade. reeeep.

Second : a fracturing spike monster in maze garden, in act 3. This time I take a good res and hp with a kick-boxing character. I use my mega punch blow, then he fractures into 8 spike monsters, all around, which die instantly with the punch blow after effect (yeah, it was a good special combo :) so it make instant 8x8 death spikes around my char... reeep.

So... I think there's some mobs which are too powerfull, almost impossible in full-contact, with fracturing power, maybe it should be restrict to some standard mobs, like zombies or... zombies, not mobs like discharge or spike death.
Last edited by obi36 on Feb 1, 2014, 10:36:17 PM
Summary a lame party race mode. The more AoE you got the easier the race.

Fracturing is way too laggy if you kill larger packs. Now add a laggy server like and you got a free rip ticket.

EU issues are still not fixed.

Also there is no way to differientiate between original mobs which yield experience and fractured mobs without any experience at all.

Either fix it by giving at last some experience like 10% of the white mob or make it that way that a player can see which mobs are fractured, similar to magic and rare mobs.

It's fine the way it is, you aren't supposed to like it lol
Echoing the sentiments expressed above. Fracturing is just a ridiculous race mod, and the points don't even come close to reflecting what a pain in the backside it is.

Edited to add: what makes it really suck, is that fracturing mobs, even when frozen and shattered, still spawn the fractures/copies. No matter the method, you're basically forced to deal with five times the mobs for the same experience as one.
Last edited by Gruentod on Feb 1, 2014, 10:54:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info