Craft and flip

"
sempuken wrote:
why would anyone pay 25 ex for an item worth like 5 ex...prices in this game are out of hand.

99/45/45/45 life res on a tier 1 helm...
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
The problem with defining "worth" is that for your hypothetical amulet the buy either can craft it up (making it potentially worth quite a bit) or they can't (meaning the amulet is at best a placeholder).

You can guess who will pay more. You can also guess why people who aren't rich (and therefore not capable of crafting) hate playing the trading game.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Jan 27, 2014, 2:35:17 PM
"
Autocthon wrote:
The problem with defining "worth" is that for your hypothetical amulet the buy either can craft it up (making it potentially worth quite a bit) or they can't (meaning the amulet is at best a placeholder).

You can guess who will pay more. You can also guess why people who aren't rich (and therefore not capable of crafting) hate playing the trading game.

how is that different from any item at all? rich people will splurge for 10% more stats on a high end item even if the alternative is half the price.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"

This is why you are not rich john.

indeed.

worse: I just opened 2 trade shops - one in Hardcore and the other in Nemesis - with prices that correspond to what I think my stuff is worth, and not a virtual penny more.

I'm here to play an ARPG, not rip people off in a no-holds-barred trade simulator.
unload some *crappy* loot to regain stash space for some more *crappy* loot.

but is PoE an ARPG? that's another discussion.
you already know my answer, Inex.

its about being able to discern item worth, and even more than that, item potential that has allowed players to generate wealth.

tell me what this blue onyx amulet is worth on standard:
*7-72 lightning damage
*68% increased critical strike multiplier

Let me try(i will use my random price checker mind, and you must know that i am not playing standard):

Hmm
2 perfect mods = 1-2 ex worth of alts + 1 et + 1EX = P
4 free slots: Px1
Base item: Onyx +1EX = P2
League : standard P2x(1.5-2)

Semi final price: 7-9ex

And let final price for random brain number: 6ex.
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
Last edited by INEXFadeXFHONOR on Jan 27, 2014, 2:38:10 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
sempuken wrote:
why would anyone pay 25 ex for an item worth like 5 ex...prices in this game are out of hand.

99/45/45/45 life res on a tier 1 helm...

yes great item..that doesnt change the fact its over priced...its like saying a 6L legacy shavs is actually worth 150 ex...when in reality its more like less than half that.

inflation.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

how is that different from any item at all? rich people will splurge for 10% more stats on a high end item even if the alternative is half the price.
It isn't and that's my point.

Course PoE has wealth stratified such that 50% of wealth is held by maybe 10% of the playerbase which causes markets to essentially be determined by craft-capable players.

Thus I stay out of trading and deal with finding my upgrades the hard way.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:

Crafting is here for making top rare items.

Trading game are playing those who want to play like that.
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

It isn't and that's my point.

Course PoE has wealth stratified such that 50% of wealth is held by maybe 10% of the playerbase which causes markets to essentially be determined by craft-capable players.

Thus I stay out of trading and deal with finding my upgrades the hard way.

10% of the playerbase that rmt's:D
"

Let me try(i will use my random price checker mind, and you must know that i am not playing standard):

Hmm
2 perfect mods = 1-2 ex worth of alts + 1 et + 1EX = P
League : standard P2x(1.5-2)

Semi final price: 7-9ex

And let final price for random brain number: 6ex.

thats pretty good reasoning but you neglect the rarity of the mods (lightning tier 1 is the rarest prefix along with 36 WED) and the fact no suffixes will do as much dps as 68-70 crit dam.

The final price for someone looking will be close to 20 exalts+. i personally spent more than 20 exalts worth of alterations to get this combination but the point remains if someone found this by chance they would have likely sold it for less than 1 exalt due to lack of knowledge about affix tier or relatively rarity of affixes.

its up to the player to be informed and knowledgeable so they are not 'victims' of one sided deals.
Interesting i was going to do it like this actually:

2 perfect mods = 1-2 ex worth of alts + 1 et + 1EX + 1ET = P
League : standard P2x2

price: 2+3+1+3ex=9ex then p+1=10ex=P2 and then p2x2= 9x2= 20ex, then i said wait a sec that's pretty expensive.

__

Very good points! Players who claim that flipping is scamming are in fact players lack knowledge and facts about items ( check this project: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/773051 )
And this pic: http://s18.postimg.org/8c8t7x549/screenshot_473.png

And yes it's difficult to know everything about items. Same apply for fast leveling.
Trying to compete with players who have knowledge about items in the market is similar to completing with players who know a lot of fast leveling little tips on a race.

Treating the word "flippers" as same as scammers(is antagonizing before anyting;)) is the same as treating racers as cheaters. You can do the same.

But IRL it's another story..( all those companies buying cheap raw materials and crafting them etc)

Edit: Nephalim interested by the project or do you want to continue rulling standard with no many competitors?
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
Last edited by INEXFadeXFHONOR on Jan 27, 2014, 3:12:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info