Leveling as Lightning Arrow
Gear

Main Hand (Curses):

Main Hand (If you don't want to use the maces):

Off-Hand (Freeze Mine!):

Off-Hand (If wearing Conduit Gloves instead of Freeze Mine):

Gloves Variations (Freeze Mine vs Conduit):

Curses

6L: Enhance, Blood Magic, Temp Chains, Enfeeble, Ele Weakness, and (Vuln or Crit Weakness)

You really only need a staff with +1 and cast speed.

Backup Curses: Quality Frostbite (for Freeze Duration) and Flammability (for DD)

Can freeze Palace Dominus with 75% Cold Res and EE on the map. Will have trouble freezing him with Enfeeble and either of the prior mods.

If not going freeze mine, Conduit Gloves with weapons on swap.

Level 99: HP@10367 with Main Hand and Titan Gauntlets
Armour@13282 with lvl 21 Grace.
Regen@1035 with Vitality & 1159.4 with 6 Endurance charges.

Auras: Purity of (Lightning, Fire, Ice - Usage depends on situation, Lightning for majority), Grace or Haste, and Vitality.

Want to carry Saturated pots for no-regen:

Bandits:
N: Help Oak
C: Kill All
M: Help Oak
Last edited by cloudily on Jul 13, 2015, 8:52:15 AM
reserved
Just watched you permafreeze/ curse huge packs on Bakers stream.
Build is 100% legit.
VIDEOS PLEASE. ONLY TEXT I SEE HERE.
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
Hello ?, videos ?.
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
^ added video
Can you post yours stats. Damage, Freeze "Damage", Freeze AoE, etc? Currently playing a Cold Snap perma-freezer, overall looks safer since I don't need to be in their face. Wondering why you'd prefer Freeze Mine (stats on the wiki make me think maybe the duration is better, but by the movies, I think I get longer freezes by a LOT).

I do ~3500 damage per hit (Not counting -145% Cold Res) + Temporal Chains (if I bother), at +100% Freeze Duration. What are your freeze stats?
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
Can you post yours stats. Damage, Freeze "Damage", Freeze AoE, etc? Currently playing a Cold Snap perma-freezer, overall looks safer since I don't need to be in their face. Wondering why you'd prefer Freeze Mine (stats on the wiki make me think maybe the duration is better, but by the movies, I think I get longer freezes by a LOT).

I do ~3500 damage per hit (Not counting -145% Cold Res) + Temporal Chains (if I bother), at +100% Freeze Duration. What are your freeze stats?

The idea behind this build is that you use the benefit of quad curse (really just temp chains, frostbite, and ele weakness) to help freeze the mobs near the boss (and not killing the mobs before the party can kill the bosses). My freeze mine DPS is 266.5 at level 19. Freeze duration is based on %dmg/life of mob. I currently don't have an ele prolif nor frostbite; both of these can help extend freeze duration; along with temp chains.

So while you should be able to freeze mobs and whatnot (and have a longer duration), you have a higher chance of killing them with the amount of damage that you deal.

Hope this helps.
Honestly, you're right, I do way more damage than you, but Freeze Duration is usually 5+ seconds, sometimes more, up to 10 sec, per hit. Also, the bigger the party, the less likely this is. At least for Shrine Piety, I can say that with just 2 more people in the party, I can keep one mob perma-frozen without dying until she's dead.

Why not try both and compare? Tree should be very similar, same for supports.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
Honestly, you're right, I do way more damage than you, but Freeze Duration is usually 5+ seconds, sometimes more, up to 10 sec, per hit. Also, the bigger the party, the less likely this is. At least for Shrine Piety, I can say that with just 2 more people in the party, I can keep one mob perma-frozen without dying until she's dead.

Why not try both and compare? Tree should be very similar, same for supports.

Yeah, I have a shiver that I could use for the unlimited cold snap build. We did an LMP, double boss shrine the other day. Freezing the mobs in the middle (and both bosses) was incredibly easy, making the entire boss fight safe in a full party. I've also done Palace dom with enfeeble on it without any issues. With the amount of life and regen that my current build has, I have no problem tanking entire rooms filled with mobs - you kind of have to do this in order to be quad curse, anyway. I kill white mobs pretty easily with freeze mine once they're perma-cursed and would probably kill them very quickly with cold snap, even though the duration seems longer. Also, my ele prolif isn't quality (extending duration) and same with my frostbite (extending freeze duration even more) - having these quality will increase the duration for the freeze.

I enjoy all support builds, however. Have been a fan of all of the low-life shavs, multi-aura buff builds of recent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info