Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Mapchunk error code 8

i get this on and on...i cant join act2 the church :(

i download the game new but didnt help, in close beta i got this problem too but not every day

windows 32bit
4gb ram
I5 cpu
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I've got the same message in act 2 but not at church, i've got it while in the forrest on the left side of the town.

My error-message is:

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code:8 Offset: 1485045760 Size: 1446741

Please help! :-(
wer verwirrt wird, der gestirbt wird! ×_Ø

I got the error when trying to load into Battlefront from Marketplace in Act III. It's also happened when going from Slum Sewers into Warehouse.
I got this error over and over again in Act III in the slums and at other places. Act III is not playable in that stance! In Act I & II i never crashed once, but in Act III i crash around 70% when i want to change area!

PS: My graphic card drivers are up to date.
Pleasy guys do something about that crashes in Act 3. Its mostly crash when i enter the Slums. Dont know about other zones in Act 3 because i cant progress! :(
There must be an error in Act 3 because Act 1 and 2 works without problems! I payd 100 bucks as silver supporter and now i cant play anymore because of the perma crashes while zoning :(

my specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU
6600 @ 2,40GHz
2,39 GHz, 2,00 GB RAM
Gforce GT 240 (driver up to date)
Windows XP (servicpack 3)
I've got the same problem, just in act III as well. I updated my graphics drivers and still the same.

Please fix this or tell us what to do to solve it.

Thank you.
Having the same problem, Happened 3-4 times in Act I, now in Act II I get this error everytime I change zone, making the game unplayable unless I am in a party and can get them to portal me to the new zone after crashing and relogging.
I got this too. Two times now when trying to leave the pyramid after the boss. Until this error is resolved I can't play.

Packcheck no errors.

edit. Did it a third time to get a screenshot.

edit2. I lowered my settings all to min and after a few attempts I made it to the other side. Now the game crashes if I put the settings back up. Or just disconnects.

edit3. Putting the settings back up while not ingame and logging in to the char already past the breaking point made it all good.

edit4. same error comes up everywhere, example:

Last edited by Boogster on Feb 4, 2013, 5:09:26 PM
I'm having the same mapchunk errors, currently I'm reading thru the search results to hopefully find a fix.

To address the OUTOFMEMORY crashes..
I sent an email to Rory about this. His response is that I dont have enough RAM and I believe (DO NOT QUOTE ME) he said by the official release the game will use less memory than it does now.
Anyway, he suggested adding -gc2 to the end of the executable and I havent had the crash since then. Hope that helps you.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
The game kicks me out of it every 2end or 3red loadscreen with the ERROR CODE 8..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info