Does PoE apply AI to Loot or is it all pure RNG?

I am curious. Is there any artificial intelligence applied to loot, or is it all pure RNG?
Taking the time to make and comment on suggestions, worth it?
I suspect it is RNG, but only GGG knows for sure.
Current IGN: TheSpoonInvasion
Instead of automatic RNG, Chris Wilson actually picks a random 19 digit number every time that somebody requires a RNG roll of the dice.

That way it is TRUE rng.

Also back in anarchy, the devs confirmed that they employ robot-human hybrids, some of which were able to mentally control the Rogue Exiles to attack the players with unmatchable realism and attack strategy.

But then people cried that they were too hard, so they nerfed the robot-control and replaced them with a pet turtle who essentially uses his turtle abilities to instantly reconfuxulate the triangulumarity to its original ambimagnitudinaztion.
Last edited by BerMalBerIst1 on January 25, 2014 12:11 AM
I heard that GGG has managed to cut down on Chinese bot farming by employing them as the RNG.

Whenever you kill a mob an employee in china picks what drops.
pure RNG like 99% of the game...
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
"
I am curious. Is there any artificial intelligence applied to loot, or is it all pure RNG?

There is no intelligence applied, artificial or human, all RNG baby.
Every time I start to play after 1-5 days i didnt play, i get really good loot for 1 day.
If i play every day, i get nothing
At the 7th day i dont get anything, i'm starting to think of some conspiracy stuff that if you play a lot you get bad loot. Than bam i get something worth 10ex.
I tried to find some logic but there isnt , neither AI, RNG is RNG
D3 goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
To be fair there is SOME level of intelligence to it. Some mods are rarer than others (like chaos resistance) and higher rolls require higher item level. In end game maps you're still much, much more likely to get a lower level unique drop than a higher level unique.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_Affix
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Unique_item
Ty for all of your responses.
I suppose that this is not something GGG wants to comment on.
Taking the time to make and comment on suggestions, worth it?
"
Completed 1 ChallengeMoeeom123 wrote:
Every time I start to play after 1-5 days i didnt play, i get really good loot for 1 day.
If i play every day, i get nothing
At the 7th day i dont get anything, i'm starting to think of some conspiracy stuff that if you play a lot you get bad loot. Than bam i get something worth 10ex.
I tried to find some logic but there isnt , neither AI, RNG is RNG

If you get multiple items worth 10ex it probably does apply some AI to you.
In this case, it's probably personal.

But in a way, you back up what they said post release about streaks.
When it's good, it's short but way above what you are used to and when it's bad, it stays that way for a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info