Unable to map Mouse 4 and Mouse 5?

I would like to be able to map skills to my M4 and M5 buttons on my mouse, but I found out the game doesn't recognize these buttons.

Are there any plans to implement extra mouse buttons into the key map in the near future? It seems rather odd to leave this feature out when games as old as Diablo 2 give the ability to remap every key to any of the latest laser gaming mice on the market.
+1
Google "How to re-bind your keyboard"

You will get thousands of programs that can fool your computer into the thoughts of m5 beeing, say F10.

Then you wont have this problem anymore.

Easy as that.
Tbh, there is bigger issues GGG are dealing with then making your Naga work.
zzZzzzZzzZz
"
Tzaina wrote:

You will get thousands of programs that can fool your computer into the thoughts of m5 beeing, say F10.

Easy as that.

And if I do that, all other games where I have set up hotkeys using m4 and m5 will no longer work properly.

PoE is the odd one out here, most games support additional mouse buttons in their hotkey-setups. Would be nice if PoE could include this too.
"
Rannasha wrote:

And if I do that, all other games where I have set up hotkeys using m4 and m5 will no longer work properly.

PoE is the odd one out here, most games support additional mouse buttons in their hotkey-setups. Would be nice if PoE could include this too.

Man, I know this is going to sound harsh. I will do my best to cushion it a bit:

Use just 5% more of that grey matter in between your ears, and you'll discover that this issue is so ridiculously easy to solve, you'll be embarrassed you started this post.

Alright, thanks.

Enjoy your afternoon!
Last edited by Killtrox on Feb 15, 2013, 8:24:02 AM
"
Rannasha wrote:
"
Tzaina wrote:

Easy as that.

A lot of those programs use profiles, so that setting it up in a such a way would only work when PoE is the active window on your PC. That being sad, GGG has already said that this will be supported in a future patch, it's just not a priority now, as they have many other things they need to take care of.
"
Killtrox wrote:
"
Rannasha wrote:

Man, I know this is going to sound harsh. I will do my best to cushion it a bit:

Use just 5% more of that grey matter in between your ears, and you'll discover that this issue is so ridiculously easy to solve, you'll be embarrassed you started this post.

Alright, thanks.

Enjoy your afternoon!

Your concern for my feelings is truly touching.

However, I wasn't the one starting this post, I merely chipped in.

Additionally, just because there is a workaround solution available, doesn't mean that it's not something that shouldn't be a standard part of the game. People here seem to be overly defensive whenever someone suggests a change or that the game may not be 100% perfect yet. The ability to bind extra mousebuttons is extremely common these days, so it's not some arcane feature that only 2 players will ever use.
"
Rannasha wrote:
"
Killtrox wrote:
"
Rannasha wrote:

Alright, thanks.

Enjoy your afternoon!

Your concern for my feelings is truly touching.

However, I wasn't the one starting this post, I merely chipped in.

Additionally, just because there is a workaround solution available, doesn't mean that it's not something that shouldn't be a standard part of the game. People here seem to be overly defensive whenever someone suggests a change or that the game may not be 100% perfect yet. The ability to bind extra mousebuttons is extremely common these days, so it's not some arcane feature that only 2 players will ever use.

Do you not know how to read?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info