The key to understanding PoE may be that is it not made for the same players as Diablo 2

"
Isbox1 wrote:
LOL - D2 nostalgia goggles.

Give me a key and I'll play it and document specific loot I get in the time I play with no trading. Let's settle this stupid debate (on your guys' end) once and for all.

Over the course of 10+ years playing D2 - including probably about 5 or more times starting from scratch due to account inactivity - on each occation to return to the game I had complete sets of set items, and top end game uniques. Not best rolled end game uniques, however top end uniques none the less.

You guys are on some serious drugs if you think POE is equally rewarding (time vs reward) to D2. Serious serious crack - or just trolling for the sake of the lolz - or just never played D2. It's that simple. No one in their right mind would debate POE vs D2 for loots vs time played.

You guys look like those crazies with signs on the corner of NYC saying the end is coming, the end is coming. I take both the crazies and your arguments about this topic pretty much on equal value.

So all the avid D2 players disagreeing with you are on drugs or trolls? You disqualified yourself from the discussion.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

So all the avid D2 players disagreeing with you are on drugs or trolls? You disqualified yourself from the discussion.

Again: hand me a key d2:lod and I'll set out... I'll document every find and amount of time I play. I guarantee you this: in, say, 4 months of D2 vs 4 months of POE my account will be chalk full of end game items in D2... and MAYBE have an "ok" to average high level item in POE. Maybe one. If I'm lucky.

Take me up on that Xav. PM me my key and I'll start a thread. I'll stream it all too.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Give me a key and I'll play it and document specific loot I get in the time I play with no trading. Let's settle this stupid debate (on your guys' end) once and for all.

Over the course of 10+ years playing D2 - including probably about 5 or more times starting from scratch due to account inactivity - on each occation to return to the game I had complete sets of set items, and top end game uniques. Not best rolled end game uniques, however top end uniques none the less.

You guys are on some serious drugs if you think POE is equally rewarding (time vs reward) to D2. Serious serious crack - or just trolling for the sake of the lolz - or just never played D2. It's that simple. No one in their right mind would debate POE vs D2 for loots vs time played.

You guys look like those crazies with signs on the corner of NYC saying the end is coming, the end is coming. I take both the crazies and your arguments about this topic pretty much on equal value.

They probably played Everquest. It's a common mistake.
D2 allows for progress. Poe does not.

Also +1 on the D2 idea, this way we can show very clearly to GGG how bad the loot system is.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Jan 24, 2014, 4:57:05 PM
i wish back the old days in d2 where i just logged on for some mephi/dia mf runs and got some nice drops and logged off satisfied

This talk about loot 2.0 sounds interesitng and could turn me into playing PoE again.
As of now i feel like PoE takes to much time away from my realife to compete.
Last edited by zzang on Jan 24, 2014, 4:58:42 PM
"
Hyskoa wrote:

Also +1 on the D2 idea, this way we can show very clearly to GGG how bad the loot system is.

People are too cowardly to ever take me up on it - or even admit they are wrong about D2. Even given that I would be the one doing all of the work and have the most to lose.

lol

Too funny though.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:

People are too cowardly to ever take me up on it - or even admit they are wrong about D2. Even given that I would be the one doing all of the work and have the most to lose.

lol

Too funny though.

It'd be an easy way for the POE defence force to put their money where their mouth is.
Either they support the idea and accept the results or they stay quiet in the next loot discussion.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa wrote:

It'd be an easy way for the POE defence force to put their money where their mouth is.
Either they support the idea and accept the results or they stay quiet in the next loot discussion.

They know they are wrong.

They never played D2 anyways so whatever. It's pretty obvious.

Spoiler
1 question I have is why people think arpgs aren't supposed to be a time sink? I want a game that's a time sink. Why you ask?! Because I want a game I can play for thousands of hours. Why you would want a game like this where you can get everything in 10 hours is beyond me.....I like having a carrot on a stick in front of me lol.

To the people that say trading takes the excitement out of the game you are looking at it all wrong. The excitement is in the drops like say a shav drops I'm like YES!!!!! Will I use it probably not but I now I can get currency to get an upgrade which is exciting. This was also the case in d2 or any other game in this genre.
"
Pfinch wrote:
1 question I have is why people think arpgs aren't supposed to be a time sink? I want a game that's a time sink. Why you ask?! Because I want a game I can play for thousands of hours. Why you would want a game like this where you can get everything in 10 hours is beyond me.....I like having a carrot on a stick in front of me lol.

To the people that say trading takes the excitement out of the game you are looking at it all wrong. The excitement is in the drops like say a shav drops I'm like YES!!!!! Will I use it probably not but I now I can get currency to get an upgrade which is exciting. This was also the case in d2 or any other game in this genre.

I actually think D2 loot drop was set just a tad too high on the rewarding side.

However I think POE is set, like, ridiculously fucking out there on the non rewarding side.

I think the trick it to find some type of happy medium where I know that I'll get something awesome after 100 hours of play.

Right now: I don't even log in. I even had some buddies join recently that I just couldn't even find it in me to log in to play with them. I logged in, tried to level a spec I had set aside - leveled about 10 levels... then gave them all 4-5L gear and all gems - then logged out because fuck it. It's just so fucking non rewarding and tedious. (Tedious ONLY because of how non rewarding it is.)

I lasted longer than they did though. I don't think they bothered much past normal. Not sure they playing anymore now.

I don't want to open every egg and find a kinder surprise. But fuck it if I want to have some type of chance to get something good.
Last edited by Isbox1 on Jan 24, 2014, 5:13:39 PM
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Over the course of 10+ years playing D2 - including probably about 5 or more times starting from scratch due to account inactivity - on each occation to return to the game I had complete sets of set items, and top end game uniques. Not best rolled end game uniques, however top end uniques none the less. WITHIN WEEKS IF NOT MONTHS of play.

Love this post, in particular the bold part was great enjoyment to read since it is true.

I will send you a key. I have it registered to my bnet account but that should not be a problem. I don't think they changed the installer, but just in case download the original cd's as iso and use that regular installer. I know i have such an installation and it still works fine even tho i use accounts just made for d2.

I have a 2-3 sets of these cd keys and i cannot remember which of them are used in my active D2 installation, but i won't be playing D2 anyone soon. At least half a year. Should it be that for some reason i want to play again and its the same set i am using you know where to find me and i will use another set.

Would that work for you?
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 24, 2014, 5:32:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info