Confused...

I signed up last year. Word at the time from the diii site was that different gaming sites were playing an alpha build and that the game would go beta in Q1 of 2011.

Did something go horribly wrong?

I guess I don't understand how a small company can be off on their estimate by 6+ months.
The build that gaming sites played last year was pre-alpha and only while we were supervising them in person.

Our initial plan was to enter Beta in early 2011 (we never mentioned Q1). However, we decided earlier this year to label that an Alpha (to help manage people's expectations) and to enter Beta in August 2011. People are happily playing the Alpha as we speak.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Because you guys are designing a game, a new one that you want to be unique in ways, I have full confidence in all your reasonings for postponing a beta lunch, in fact if you have the time to iterate on the game then I would prefer you guys take that time to iterate as long as you can, because beta simply creates more anticipation then you guys should have to deal with while designing and making the game into your vision.

Though I suppose a beta could also help shape the game through suggestions and bug reports…
Happy Days Abound.
"
Silver wrote:
I have full confidence in all your reasonings for postponing a beta lunch

The beta lunch got postponed? Damn. I was really looking forward to that barbeque.
: )
Forum Sheriff
I guess I should say 'potentially.'

A BBQ does sound good though...
Happy Days Abound.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info