Necromantic Aegis - Best shield basetype and attributes?

Hi

So I have been playing a necro as my second char. So far my it's have been a dream but as I move on and start buying gear I was wondering what works best with Necromantic Aegis. Obviously I don't want to spend my money on something which is not worth anything in the long run.

So far my experience have been indicating that strength based shields with a high base armor and regen, resistance, damage to attacker or stun/block recovery is the best option. So I was just wondering if there is something better out there ;)

I was also wondering if it was possible to see how the gear actually effects the minions. So far I have been unable to find any good overview in game to use when analyzing various combinations/options with respect to gear and minion modifiers.

Thank you in advance for any tips. Also this is my first post so I apologize if this is a very common question or if the post itself is misplaced.
Springleaf if want to keep ur minions alive far longer than usual. Otherwise players often use All res based shield(ceremonial/angelic/archon kite shield).
Last edited by Yesu on Jan 20, 2014, 9:57:52 AM
And Springleaf is viable late game as well? If so is it the life regen which makes it such a god option?
Indeed. End game approved. It's most useful for end game coz the regen scales very well with ur zombies life. But from end normal/ early cruel u already see the difference in minions survivability.
Last edited by Yesu on Jan 20, 2014, 10:18:13 AM

thats is always a very solid choice. All resists, spell block. If you provide your minions with, vitality grace determinations then they are already quite tanky, giving them spell block only makes them tankier. And much needed for bosses like piety (ice form)
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
And much needed for bosses like piety (ice form)

Ice shots are attacks , not spells. But in general case Saffell may also be an interesting choice indeed.
Last edited by Yesu on Jan 20, 2014, 10:23:12 AM
I found this shield very handy until about level 70 when I switched out of Necromantic Aegis:

The free life leech and 40% block chance really helped to keep my zombies and other minions alive. The life regen was definitely noticable at low levels too, as well as the added life.
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
Last edited by Mr_G on Jan 20, 2014, 10:37:01 AM
"
Mr_G wrote:
I found this shield very handy until about level 70 when I switched out of Necromantic Aegis:

The free life leech and 40% block chance really helped to keep my zombies and other minions alive. The life regen was definitely noticable at low levels too, as well as the added life.

According to the Necromantic Aegis modifiers which increase shield capabilities such as block chance, evasion rating, armor etc are not applied to minions. So I have pretty much ignored that completely when considering which shield to use.
All the stats of the shield u wear apply to minions but increase block chances or increase defense from equiped shield from tree dont apply to them but to u , but since u dont profit from ur shield anymore it's useless to get such nodes.
Has anyone tried the Daresso shield? 20% increased physical damage would be really nice for zombies no?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info