ST Build Help

"
Slagmaur wrote:
You have IR so taking US isn't a problem.
You roll with 3 auras ? With no mana nodes taken ? How's that possible!

This is my duelist's tree

It has pretty good increased life,sword passive nodes.Next points will be spent (if i level
him more) in some sword nodes or some eva/life nodes.Who knows.It can be changed to axe pretty
easily.As for Resolute technique i think you can avoid it.I have accuracy only in my helmet and
i'm at 88-89% chance to hit.If I search my stash I surely will cap my accuracy (it was 95% pre-patch).

No, only using 2 Auras (Hatred + PoL) at the moment. I'm running off of Mana so getting enough nodes to run a third aura and still be able to run off of mana would be expensive passive-wise and I'm not sure it's really worth it. It would require sacrificing Berserking and Steel Skin, for instance, which means it's not worth it to run Haste, and while I come out ahead Armor-wise being able to run Grace it's not a slam dunk since I lose 18% attack speed. If I get an Alpha's maybe I'll give a shot at running a third aura and attacking off of Blood Magic, but eh.

Accuracy is a bigger issue with Axes. I wasn't using RT for a while when I did this in Domination, but despite having Accuracy in two pieces and spending several nodes on Accuracy passives, I still had higher DPS when I switched to RT. I also like the consistency is provides.

IR without US still can benefit from Blind, which would be the main reason to avoid US. I did in fact get a 6L Lightning Coil, and situationally I do find that having Blind is extremely helpful - for instance in Poorjoy's Asylum where the entire map is full of a hard hitting attackers. That said it's not clear if it outweighs 500 life or not being stunned - even with a pretty big life pool, there are many things that can stun you like hard hitting bosses or charging monsters like Rhoas and Blackguards.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
Zabadabadooo wrote:
Pasive tree lvl 83 use double strike/spectral trow, get bored(had a spectral trow scion on domination) make a few changes and whent for a double strike/cyclone build, curent lvl 86.

I'm not sure how this is relevant? I'm not looking to change skills and the needs of a ST vs Cyclone are quite different.

Also, your tree is really inefficient. You're using 6 points to get just 16% life in the Circle of Life, despite the fact that you could use just 3 points to get 18% life / 18% armor from the nodes right under Bloodless. Or 4 points to get 28% life from the cluster right about Brutal Blade. The only reason to go in there is if you're right next to it already because you're taking Berserking and Sentinal, which you aren't, so big waste.

u invest more nodes to take resolute tehnique and hart of oak, when u can grab more dps nodes near u and unwavering stance, i was 88%chance 2 hit not bad my opinion, and patch of worrior> Vall pact after where on the list, Sentinel was taken after lvl up and give up Diamond flesh and the dex nod and was 1point near patch of worior, there are still points 2 add, btw 2% mana leech is more then u need not 2 run out of mana because of the dps u have.

ps skill points depends on items that u have and what maps u run ,same if u runing solo or in grup.

When new leagues started i was after this tree

Mostly for my own amusement, I did some math on the value of RT vs. not for a 2H Axe build.

Myy current tree at level 86 here

Alternate tree, substituting RT for damage and accuracy nodes here

(Note that in both cases I spec'd out of Blood Drinker since I'm using Death Rush and don't need it.)

The relevant offensive stat breakdowns are listed below, including 18% IPD from helping Oak in Cruel:

Build 1 (with RT):
290% Increased Physical Damage
75% Increased Attack Speed
60% Increased Accuracy

Build 2 (without RT):
328% Increased Physical Damage
88% Increased Attack Speed
115% Increased Accuracy

I tried spec'ing out of RT just to see what my chance to hit was - turned out to be 82%. My accuracy rating was around 1350.

From that, we can reverse engineer the 'average' enemy evasion rating, which turns out to be roughly 5000.

Given accuracy in build 1 of 1350, the accuracy in build 2 would be around 1800. Given the new accuracy rating and the same Evasion rating of 5000, the chance to hit would become ~86%.

On the flip side, let's calculate how much DPS boost we get from spending 7 extra points in damage and accuracy nodes. If we were doing base DPS of 1000, then in build 1 the passive tree boosts that to 6825 from the IPD and IAS.

In build 2, the boost from IPD and IAS results in total damage of 8046. But now we're only hitting 86% of the time, so the total is 6,919.

The difference in damage is basically a wash, but I lose the consistency, I lose access to Blood Drinker and the extra Endurance Charge, and I'm forced to use at least one piece with tons of accuracy on it rather than have it be flexible. If you happen to have a bunch of other pieces with Accuracy rating on it already, then I agree that it might not be worth traveling up to take RT, but in the end I don't think it's worth it for me.

Edit: The damage calculations don't include IPD and IAS from gear and gems. If included I believe it would the shift the math in favor of taking RT.
Last edited by SorakPoE on Apr 15, 2014, 5:06:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info