ST Build Help

Tree

Gear

Stats:
4.4k Life
25k Double Strike
5k Spectral Throw
9k Armor with Grace/IR
Capped Elemental Resists, 88/80/79 or so without cap. -42% Chaos.

Not quite sure what to go for in an upgrade next. I'm reluctant to replace the Karui Ward unless I grab Ballistic Mastery first at least, cuz the extra range on ST is quite useful.

At level 82, so I have to pick and choose what passives to go for from here. Things I'd like are Ballistic Mastery as mentioned, Elemental Adaptation, and more Life is always nice obviously. I'm debating about Unwavering Stance - if I end up with a 6L for ST I'll probably end up putting in Blind since there isn't really a great DPS support left, and with high Life and Heart of Oak it doesn't seem terribly necessary.

Any opinions are appreciated!
Last edited by SorakPoE on Jan 20, 2014, 9:12:44 AM
Bump! Anyone?
if it was my build I would:

drop the karui - replace it with carnage heart
drop the 2 30+ int nodes because carnage compensates
drop diamond flesh and the dex node before it
drop the first melee node in duelist start - not efficient - your main attack is ranged
drop Blood drinker node, carnage leech is enough
get unwavering stance, you are already there, 1 point to get it super efficient
respec all the points going into ranger zone, get all the life in the scion circle with them
when six link use projectile speed gem to get that range increase that you like so much

this will give you a bunch of free points to spend on whatever else
Interesting idea. Thanks! Not sure I'll go for it, can't afford a 6L right now and I always feel like I'm wasting a slot using Faster Projectiles as a support, but reallocating the points using Carnage Heart like you say might be a good option regardless.
Necro'ing my own thread!

I made a very similar build for Ambush - tree at level 82

and gear:

Spoiler

Originally, my idea was to use Eye of Chayula, and when I got a 6L I would socket Blind on my ST. However, I'm finding that with Lightning Coil and PoL, physical damage is generally not really an issue - I can face tank Carnage no problem without any flasks, and non-map Dominus ToG with a Topaz Flask (haven't tried Residence or Palace yet.) Given this, and how Elemental *attacks* are typically not a super high damage, I'm wondering if Blind is actually all that useful.

So I'm debating if I should simply taking Unwavering Stance, and use something else for an amulet. Any old rare amulet with a bunch of life would give me a quite a big life boost since I also lose the -20% from Eye of Chayula. Alternatively, I could go grab Carnage Heart again, and take Vaal Pact.

Any other ideas, and thoughts on what to do?
"
SorakPoE wrote:
So I'm debating if I should simply taking Unwavering Stance, and use something else for an amulet. Any old rare amulet with a bunch of life would give me a quite a big life boost since I also lose the -20% from Eye of Chayula. Alternatively, I could go grab Carnage Heart again, and take Vaal Pact.

Any other ideas, and thoughts on what to do?

I don't know much about Spectral Throw, but I asked the PoE Subreddit IRC to come up with a tree for a Spectral Throw Battleaxe Duelist. Here's what they made.

http://poeurl.com/yKsvXNT

Unwavering Stance is a powerful node, I would take it.

Destroyer circle is a bit weak if you're using Resolute Technique, I would use some Regrets to get out of it and pick up Unwavering Stance and the Aura nodes in the South of the tree.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Apr 2, 2014, 12:56:40 PM
I have to disagree with you on your points TBH.

Destroyer circle gives 37% Phys Damage and 10% life for 4 points, disregarding the stun and accuracy since they aren't very relevant.

Compare that to Cleaving, which gives 48% Phys Dmg and 2 attack speed, for similarly 4 points since you need the extra Str node to get there.

Given the available nodes from the tree, if you used 2 more points after taking those clusters, you can get 12% life / 12% Armor after Cleaving, or you can get 12% phys and 4% attack speed after Destroyer. Then we're talking about 49 vs 48 phys %, 4 vs 2 attack speed, and 10 vs 12 life.... really the difference is pretty tiny.

Also, the Aura nodes don't really help me. I'm using Lightning Coil so I pretty much have to run PoL, so I don't need the mana reservation node (or need way more to be able to run a 3rd aura) and getting 8% aura effect is hardly anything on Hatred / PoL.

I am still divided on the whole Unwavering Stance thing. Basically I have three choices:

1) Keep using Eye of Chayula or
Swap to a high Int amulet and Death Rush, which frees me up from a 30 Int node and Blood Drinker, then
2) Use the 2 extra points to take US which basically removes the 20% life reduction at the cost of not being able to Evade
3) Live with getting stunned and use the points for more life.

Stun isn't a huge problem at the moment outside of Vulnerability maps, but it does come into play sometimes against harder hitting bosses.
Pasive tree lvl 83 use double strike/spectral trow, get bored(had a spectral trow scion on domination) make a few changes and whent for a double strike/cyclone build, curent lvl 86.

Items in use and decent IIR:
Spoiler

You have IR so taking US isn't a problem.
You roll with 3 auras ? With no mana nodes taken ? How's that possible!

This is my duelist's tree

It has pretty good increased life,sword passive nodes.Next points will be spent (if i level
him more) in some sword nodes or some eva/life nodes.Who knows.It can be changed to axe pretty
easily.As for Resolute technique i think you can avoid it.I have accuracy only in my helmet and
i'm at 88-89% chance to hit.If I search my stash I surely will cap my accuracy (it was 95% pre-patch).
To crit or not to crit ?
"
Zabadabadooo wrote:
Pasive tree lvl 83 use double strike/spectral trow, get bored(had a spectral trow scion on domination) make a few changes and whent for a double strike/cyclone build, curent lvl 86.

I'm not sure how this is relevant? I'm not looking to change skills and the needs of a ST vs Cyclone are quite different.

Also, your tree is really inefficient. You're using 6 points to get just 16% life in the Circle of Life, despite the fact that you could use just 3 points to get 18% life / 18% armor from the nodes right under Bloodless. Or 4 points to get 28% life from the cluster right about Brutal Blade. The only reason to go in there is if you're right next to it already because you're taking Berserking and Sentinal, which you aren't, so big waste.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info