I made a terrible, terrible mistake

After spilling a drink on my Razer Lycosa. I decided to try the steelseries Apex Raw keyboard, because i liked its design.

Well. Everything was fine untill the Steelseries Firmware updater stopped at 9% and told me it cannot open the Bootloader. Now the Keyboard wont even turn on.

At least this $10 keyboard from Officeworks magically works without any god damn downloads.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
"
Velocireptile wrote:
After spilling a drink on my Razer Lycosa. I decided to try the steelseries Apex Raw keyboard, because i liked its design.

Well. Everything was fine untill the Steelseries Firmware updater stopped at 9% and told me it cannot open the Bootloader. Now the Keyboard wont even turn on.

At least this $10 keyboard from Officeworks magically works without any god damn downloads.

wow that sucks i had the same thing happen with a razer mouse, it's working prefectly for me now though,

probably best bets are to keep trying to uninstall/reninstall pc drivers as well as re flash the k/b however you can, making sure to use "run as admin" wherever you can.

i had a shit of a time fixing my mouse, im sure i had to even run in safe mode to uninstall the drivers or for the re flash something convoluted and unprepared for ........

gl
IGN: EviiLe
Yeah I've gone thorugh and Uninstalled everything possible. Tried every USB Port. Tried uninstalling it while in different USB ports.

I've seen some Yahoo Q&A where people fixed similar issues with SteelSeries by installing the device on another PC.

Sounds like the Firmware installed faulted and now the keyboard is bricked.
well i usually solve these types of unsolvable problems with grass
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
VictorDoom wrote:

I tried to apply your suggestion to my problem:

I tried putting grass in the keyboard, that didn't help.

Then I tried putting the keyboard on a square of Grass, also didn't help.

I tried plugging the keyboard into grass... and that clearly had no result.

Then I thought maybe you meant gLass. So I smashed glasses over the keyboard, that too didn't help.

So in the end I have a keyboard that's coated in Grass and Glass... I might take it back tomorrow and try for a refund.
Have you tried sacrificing a neighbor? You know the one I'm talking about.

Have you tried this...

My Sensei locked up during the firmware upgrade; how can I fix it?

1. Refer to the picture in the link below and make sure that you are not plugged in to any of these places. The USB 3.0 port is OK to use but try using both a 3.0 port and 2.0 port. Since 3.0 provides more power, it may be the better alternative.
http://cdn.steelseries.com/userguides/Support/AVOID_USING_THESE_USB_CONNECTIONS.jpg

2. Make sure that your USB devices are set to be powered up at all times and that any power saving features are turned off.
Please refer to this thread for further information (steps 1 & 2 apply for all Windows OS, step 3 is ONLY for windows 7 users):
http://windows7themes.net/mouse-not-working-after-hibernation.html

3. If you have the SteelSeries Engine running, kill the process by right clicking on the SteelSeries icon in the System Tray (the bottom right corner). Then select "Exit" and "OK".

4. Retry the firmware update. If you have the SteelSeries Engine installed, you can find the Firmware Update Tool in Programs -> SteelSeries -> SteelSeries Engine -> SteelSeries Firmware Update Tool. Choose to run as administrator if possible.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
"
Velocireptile wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:

I tried to apply your suggestion to my problem:

I tried putting grass in the keyboard, that didn't help.

Then I tried putting the keyboard on a square of Grass, also didn't help.

I tried plugging the keyboard into grass... and that clearly had no result.

Then I thought maybe you meant gLass. So I smashed glasses over the keyboard, that too didn't help.

So in the end I have a keyboard that's coated in Grass and Glass... I might take it back tomorrow and try for a refund.

I do love your sense of humor. I still find myself chuckling thinking about your pickle breakfast story.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

@ Pavshaus, I tried all of that, and so much irrational stuff that it made me sick.

I can say with 90% certainty that the Firmware update faulted for whatever reason. And corrupted the device, leaving it a Brick.

My Wife saw how distraught I was and went to EBGames and got them to swap it, plus the got me Cheesecake on her way back.

I don't know how she knew, it might have been the fact that I played no games when I clearly had the chance, or the streaks of snot and tears running down my face and staining the spot on my Desk where a fully functioning keyboard should be.

So it's all good now. New Keyboard plugged in, performed the update and BAM all is well.
So faith in SteelSeries is a little restored now. But I will not go out of my way to get steelseries in the future.
New keyboard and cheesecake... sounds like a win! Glad you were able to get it replaced though.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info