Is it just me, or does Chris have an irrational hatred of WoW?

I also fucking hate anything that has to do with WoW and MMORPGs in general so if chris hates them too i offer him a high five
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jan 18, 2014, 1:00:29 AM
I did like the relevance of supermodel blowjobs to the topic though!

And to previous poster - MMORPGs are very DIFFERENT just a level of awesome one can not expect in ARPGs. Different genre, if nothing else.

POE is an ARPG - I still dont know why people seem to bring up WoW a lot on threads. D3/D2, sure, WoW - unrelated, lol.
Last edited by MildlyClever on Jan 18, 2014, 2:02:42 AM
"
Warzone129 wrote:
"
Zaanus wrote:
Didn't you know it's edgy to hate blizzard/wow/anything popular, regardless if said opinions are remotely rational.

I'm pretty sure some of these people would think supermodel blowjobs were crap if blizzard somehow made a billion selling them. "Oh yah, well I stuck it in a blender and it was WAY BETTA, so you keep your perfect 10 and stop ruining oral!"

Your an idiot...

The comments that vanilla wow was amazing and now wow is a massive piece of shit catering to the lowest common denominator are very valid. Any gamer who isn't a moron will agree to that.

Theres nothing cool about hating blizzard and theres nothing cool about having your favorite childhood game (diablo franchise) being craped on by unimaginative money hungry assholes who think they know what "fun" is more than everyone else.

Its nice to see them eat their words and remove the shity AH. Game is still a load of garbage and always will be. lol at an rpg with no character customization.

You may think that people who say blizzard is a waste of time and anyone who plays their games is either under 12 or a moron is just saying it to be cool, but I know I will never give that company another cent in my entire life and neither will any of my dozens of gaming friends.

You share my outlook. I have been gaming for nearly 4 decades, i know when a great game ( or a great company for that matter ) sells out and goes sour to make the $$$...

Blizz used to be about making games for gamers that actually cared about, well, gaming ( fancy that ).
Gamers these days cant really be called gamers. More like 45 minute players.
Gaming to most is just killing time before something else comes up and THIS MENTALITY is whats ruining games these days, the worst part is , companies like blizzard are actually CATERING to these types of people as that is where the moneybags appear from....

From a bussiness standpoint i totally see their point . Would they rather have someone like me on their servers up to 50 hours a week or someone that logs in only 2 hours a week. They still get the same amount of money from either of us....Just sucks to be a gamer in this day and age where mediocrity rules the day....
"
"
Caiada wrote:

"
He definitely doesn't hate d3. When it came out, he played it quite heavily. I think it became obvious before long just how different the two games are, right down to their basic intentions.

We'll never see it candidly and completely truthfully, but I really wonder what his opinion of it is, besides on the obvious failures like the AH. Was Inferno really too hard? Was the itemization as bad as many players thought? Is the lack of permanence in skills, etc. really that bad? It would be quite an interesting topic. Alas.

I think Path of Exile is the answer to your queries,ultimately. I recently posted that I am finally at peace with D3, having come to accept it's a damn fun action game, especially on console, but utterly unsatisfying as an arpg. PoE is almost the dead opposite there, and I think that Chris would be okay with that, given that it's probably close to impossible to be both. Not even the mighty D2 achieved that -- in the end, it was a loot grind arpg, not a great action game.

Your thread inspired me to borrow a copy from a friend for the PS3 and try it out again,keeping your *brawler type game* description in mind. =P

I loaded it up from the beginning and beat the snot out of act 2 while frequently having uniques thrown at me and still couldn't enjoy it.Guess I've never been one for brawlers or fight games as I don't think I've ever finished any games in that genre accept for Way of the Samurai 4.

On subject though.Weren't all those WoW posters and para* in old photos of the GGG office possessions of GGG staff,maybe even Chris himself ? =P

So I wouldn't say he hates it with any kind of passion. lol
Last edited by Temper on Jan 18, 2014, 4:20:29 AM
Maybe Chris' alleged unwillingness of incorporating "any WoW design decisions" into PoE has less to do with him being an avid WoW hater (which I think he is not) - and more with him not being a suit.

From what I know (and I might well be wrong since I don't work for a major gaming company and am basing this on 'things I hear about from other people').. Anyhow, from what I know, most developers nowadays are dependent on big pusblishers. Bioware on EA, 'Dev blizz' on Activision-Blizzard etc.
And since those publishers have the money, they have a lot of say what goes into a game. I do not think that any one WoW dev said "let's do an Item Shop on top of the sub". I also doubt they said "and let's integrate it into the game itself instead of just the website, and let's take out the Help button and replace it with a shop button".

PoE does not have those suits. Sure: Chris also has to think of how things work out financially, but before anything else, he is a dev and wants to make a good, enjoyable game. And as a dev and gamer, he knows what works and what does not for his game.
Suits rarely are gamers. All they have to base they decisions on are revenue and statistics.
Why do you think so many features of WoW get incorporated into other games? It is mostly not (any more) a case of a dev going "Well, that's cool. Why didn't I think of that? Let's put that into our game, it'll make it two times better!"
it's suits going "WoW has these features. Clearly they work. We have to put them in if we want our product to have a chance. And if you don't comply, you devs, we can take our money elsewhere."
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info