2H Sword vs Mace

Well, I'm doing decent with my 2H sword I just got into cruil difficulty a bit ago. But, I notice it's hard to find good 2H Sword if any at all... I seem a little week but, I am a bit tanky. Im doing HeavyStrike/Lightning Strike or Cleave *depending on the situiation* I use Vitality aura/Heal totem/Endurance/(the skill that makes you immune but really just leveling it)

The build is going to turn into a life leach/crit build for the 2H Sword. I don't wanna be doing a cookie cutter build so thats why I went 2H Sword cuz, I can change it.

But, I noticed if I go mace *like most people are* I might have to pick up the passive that makes it so I can miss nor crit. and I'm going south in the grid so, theres only 2 mace areas with the 2 2h areas. So, I cant really count on that for accuracy..

My build so far is this...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL3uMIQI08qlzOQ4hVTH7f-ObWNw9wQQS2Ro-8ax5aFW1ns2nMPe-FCBQRxRxNDgLqgH_AycOPDpShmBWBGFSMglgiA==

Only reason I got the dex node there is cuz I need that extra 10 dex I can't find on a item that wont gimp me.

But, Like i said if I dont og sword I dont have to much hammers on my grid going that way and i really dont want to get the never miss never crit...

(SIDE NOTE) The only reason I dont have blood magic is cuz I don't think I can use my health and regain that health fast enough yet. I don't have to many items with life leach on it.
For accuracy go for Resolute Technique. Don't be afraid of Blood Magic, get it. Use Life Gain on Hit to heal yourself. Wear regen/health equipments. Thats all you need.

Don't get armor nodes early. They are for high-level gameplay.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Ya but, I don't wanna go resolute. I mean it seems every build has it. But, I wanna hit hard with crits. my acurracy is 92% with a 2h Sword. But, I'm sure that would drop to 75-85% if I went hammers. and Honestly I am afreaid of blood magic cuz, then I can't use vitality. But, I have a ton of armor in just my armor it's self But, only 2-3 items with health regain I don't think my current equitment would help me to be honest. My health pool at lvl 39 is 750. So, Not sure if thats good or not. I think I should have over 1k
You should get 2k life.
RT will save A LOT of skillpoints which you can use for damage/survivality purposes.
It's not like everyone is using RT. It's super-powerful early on. Generally end-game marauders are dropping it - but still they have it early on. Also, generally only marauders are using it, because other classes either does not need accuracy or have tonnes of dex.
Well, if you still dont want RT, just because it is mainstream, you are free to go. But then do not complain ur weaker.

For BM. Are you using LoH? What's your hp regen WITHOUT vitality?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
I'm not ingame but, I have 92% accuracy with my 2H sword So, I honestly don't need it right now. But, if I was to go 2H Maces it seems I would almost have to get it. Also, what is LoH?
Defenetely you are not even read what i write...
You have 6 accuracy nodes, that why you have so high hit chance. For now. Good luck on high-level. Loh=Life Gain on Hit. I said it too.

But, you did not read what I am trying to say either. It's basicly about a thread were I want to crit and if I go maces (since it does not have accuracy rating like it does on 2H swords.) Do I have to get RT? I don't want do a cookie cutter build and your right I may have a hard time later on but I wanna play with a crit build with a marauder doing 2h. right now I'm having a hard time and I think its due to me not being in the correct gear. But, like I said I also have dmg increase with those nodes Which in the end don't every sword node have accuracy/speed/dmg? But, also I do injoy your input but, I would prolly rather take the LoH but, with out my gem socketed to my lightning. I think it's rather low like around 25(passice health per second) and not really sure on my actual like on hit.
Any other suggestions?
Peopleee?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info