Value of orbs

Hello, I started playing a few days ago, and I've been wondering if someone can tell me how much are orbs worth. I mean if I'd want to sell let's say a Sparkle gem, how much would it be worth in orbs? It's not an easy system to get used to, so maybe a grid or something would be apreciated (not only by me)
Last edited by Fexamir on Jan 26, 2013, 10:54:47 AM
I use this: --link removed--
IGN: IgnitionSubmission (Rampage)
Last edited by ionface on May 21, 2013, 4:03:30 AM
Drops are random and prices player defined. Orb sale "ratios" aren't set in stone and if anyone tries to claim they are they are lying.

Edit: The link above is a good general guide for judging value but in practice you're not likely to find people willing to trade at these exact ratios. You just have to use your judgement to be honest.
Last edited by Piggy on Jan 26, 2013, 10:55:53 AM
Maybe I didn't explain what I needed to know the right way, I don't need to know how much orbs are worth in echange for other orbs, I'd love to know how much are gems or pieces of equipment worth...I know that's a hard question, but I can't really understand how this thing works
There's really no set price for exchanging orbs for equipment, you just have to decide for yourself what things are worth to you and negotiate with other players. Due to the wild stat variances there can't really be prices set in stone for items.

Best advice would be to just browse the trading forum to get an idea of what players value their items at.
IGN: IgnitionSubmission (Rampage)
For non-quality gems:
High in demand,rare support gems 2chaos-2gcp
Anything else 1ach-1chaos. If no one wants it, it is probably very common. You can throw it away.
For quality gems:
It really depends on what gem it is and how much % it has.
"
Piggy wrote:
Drops are random and prices player defined. Orb sale "ratios" aren't set in stone and if anyone tries to claim they are they are lying.

Edit: The link above is a good general guide for judging value but in practice you're not likely to find people willing to trade at these exact ratios. You just have to use your judgement to be honest.

That's not really true.

Orbs - like every other item in the game - have a drop chance. As the game's economy matures, item drops will become fairly "easy" to compare to orb drops, which will in turn lead to orbs having definite valuations (could use a point based system).

Unless PoE are tweaking the drop rates all the time which I doubt.
MOAR PANTS, because every good game needs a pointless meme.
"
Fexamir wrote:
Maybe I didn't explain what I needed to know the right way, I don't need to know how much orbs are worth in echange for other orbs, I'd love to know how much are gems or pieces of equipment worth...I know that's a hard question, but I can't really understand how this thing works

Not sure if it's changed at all since OB launch, but if it helps at all, during closed beta most normal skill gems went for about an alchemy. For quality gems, it seemed to be about 1 GCP per 5 points of quality. And of course some of the rarer or more high-demand gems like LMP, portal, or chain are worth more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info