Your Favorite Scion Build?

thanks again guys, loving the info.

Feytih, I started a dual wield based on your build last night, it's still pretty new, but having a lot of fun with it.
That's good to hear. I'm glad you're having fun. Feel free to friend me in game if you have other questions about the build or need a couple of newbie gems.
Last edited by feyith on Jan 13, 2014, 4:31:33 PM
2h'd Mace Spectral Throw is EASY

Spoiler

Level 81. Cruising along.

If you were interested in how I built it, I could snag the links from my guild's site on how I built from a low level, and you can see how it came together.
"
shoju wrote:

Spoiler

If you were interested in how I built it, I could snag the links from my guild's site on how I built from a low level, and you can see how it came together.

i'd definitely have some interest in that
"
iamrubocop wrote:
"
shoju wrote:

Spoiler

i'd definitely have some interest in that

Ok. Well, here is how I did it. The only thing I made sure I had while leveling was a kick ass weapon. The rest of my gear really just focused on HP and Resists.

21 points This was my first run of points. This gave me the dex I'd need to keep leveling Spectral Throw, gave me the Mana Leech I'd need to run with auras, and not use Blood Magic Gems. Honestly, I'm not even sure the single point in Mana Regen is needed at this point. It's probably a gear determination more than anything.

42 points This is about where I was at going into Dominus the first time.

62 points. This is when I sold my soul to Maces.

82 Points This was fleshing out more resists, more life, more armor.

91 points This was where I had originally planned up through. At this point, I figured I would see what I wanted, as I was going, and add points based on need at this point, since I had plenty of options at my disposal. I was in the high 3k HP range, resists were capped, I'm dropping good, steady DPS.

I decided that I would flesh out the Mace Damage / Attack Speed Nodes first. That got me to 79. At that point, I started running some unique maps I had saved, and felt that I should probably get a little more of a health buffer. That means 80. and 81 have been fleshing out the life nodes over the in the shadow tree to get me where I am now.

99 points

From here, I'm really only working in small increments. I know that from here to 85 I'm going to do this. Level 85 12% life, 10% Armour, and then the two 10% Armour / 6% Life Nodes.

I think, at that point, I should be good on Defensive nodes, and I'll go back to Offensive Nodes. The Mace Damage / Stun Threshold Nodes over by Resolute Technique are calling my name, and I think when get to 85, I'll consider removing the Mana Regen Nodes, which, means at 90, I'll have finished up the Mace Damage Cluster.

As far as Bandit Rewards, I did the easy thing.

Oak in Normal, Oak in Cruel, and I killed them all in Merciless, but you could feasibly Aid Oak in Merc if you wanted. The extra Endurance Charge could be nice. I've never found that I need more than 3, but that is really a playstyle issue.

Now. What are my stats right now?

I'm at 4150 ish HP right now, in the gear that I linked.

(linking again)
Spoiler

I normally run with 2 auras, and it is dependent on the content I'm running.

Easy stuff, or where armor wont matter?
Vitality + Hatred.

Hard Stuff, Cold Resistant stuff, new level of maps?
Vitality + Determination.

Now, at 81, with my setup as is, I could run Hatred + Determination and still survive. It leaves me about ~70 mana, so it's a little tight, but I can and have, cleared maps with this aura setup.

The uniques I'm wearing.
Neither are "Explicitly" mandatory for the build. I like Wurm's Molt, but before I bought one (and then upgraded to one that I found later) I was using

Which have now been moved to an alt. You don't "need" the slitherpinch either. I just use those uniques for the Leech on them. That's it.

Before the Belly of the Beast Dropped (and while I was socketing, and linking it) I was wearing

But, the Belly of the Beast, even at the god awful craptastic Life Roll it currently has, is worth >200 HP on a chest. I want to say the last time that I checked, it was like ~237 HP.

You don't need stellar gear to pull this build off. I was doing just fine in what I had found. Yes, I bought a Wurm's Molt, but I only used that until I found the one I'm wearing that was rolled a little better. It's not necessary though. The only thing I think is necessary for the build that I run now, is *some* mana Leech. That's why I raced over to get that passive. I can and have, run with just that passive serving as my mana leech, and while it's a little "light" on the mana leech, and slowed me down "a little", but that was probably more my unfamiliarity with actually having to pay attention to my mana pool as opposed to being a legit problem.

AS far as gameplay, it's really simple. Leap Slam is really for movement first and foremost. Leap into things, and use the AoE linked ST to mow down enemies, Leap onto Necros to try and stun them, leap onto things that are damaged to cull them, leap over ledges, leap into things, out of things.

Other than that, the choice is simple.

1.) Do you have a large patch of enemies that you need to mow down?
Use the LMP
2.) Do you have a choke point set up where the enemies are funneling through, or do you have a single target?
Use the Single Attack.

At this point, the only thing I'm trying to do, is get another 5L (it would be the mace at this point) so that I can take the Phys Proj Support I'm leveling in my chest (the not linked one), and add it to the LMP'd ST. I have a 5L mace that I'm "trying" to craft

But, because I'm not part of the super rich, it's more of a "Hey, I have some extra Alterations beyond what I keep for maps, I'll toss them at it, and hope I hit the lottery". I'm not "really" pushing hard to craft it, as I'm still banking the rest of my currency, and I keep watching the indexer for a nice 5L upgrade.

About the only thing that I'm not 100% set on in my gear is the flasks. I just crafted the 100% armor flask not that long ago, so I'm going to go ahead and 20% that one, but the rest are kind of in flux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info