Your Favorite Scion Build?

I just unlocked the scion for the first time and have been thinking about making a toon as a scion.

So my request for advice lies here in:

What is your favorite scion build and why?
If you could toss a link up too that would be awesome, but not mandatory.

Thanks in advance for your great wisdom!
mine

Spoiler
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGc7KJM6A5a9J249GDxgQ_nogwlBh0Zxtz60DP4KkyfyRedjHNzcVzrhiPF_xh6UplesWaKjJ6kRlqw_MZ41ksHzWm1wu7Xygh4kPNkTqW7bC6dcL294DWxGSVG-ilivcmwB3DboMgmkGQHnOlIb-vyJpzAyfiXf6wn3vhQghNkJllBHZU1uaamUJyBHfr6nxLiQbKvF0k3V-IdqwA9hIdXthO8S4WqTdO22QXrvTipgS1uvKaUFLd0N_MVW-megiiKHdsDzSn189cCm

Spoiler
Spectral Throw with Arctic Armour. Cheap as hell, immune to reflect and can tank a lot. Level 78 now without having spent a single orb on gear as I don´t even need it.
Last edited by Tiossi on Jan 12, 2014, 5:08:02 PM
The best part about the Scion is there are literally infinite possibilities with her.

It takes goofing around with a few Scions before finding your favorite.

Some easy builds like 2H Spectral Throw with Iron Grip to get used to the tree. Grab a bunch of nodes from the Duelist and I forget whose tree it is next to Iron Grip with Blood Magic and Blood Drinker.

My personal favorites are Dual Wield with Spectral Throw and Unarmed with Dominating Blow.

My boyfriend's running this AWESOME party support build that is insane if you have a consistent group of friends that you play with.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/752079

We just STOMPED Cruel Piety at level 45 and are getting ready to head to Merciless now. :D
Last edited by feyith on Jan 12, 2014, 5:30:56 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Tiossi, are you running a 2h spectral throw? can you post some gear and gem examples? How do you normally play it - solo/party? In the fray or hit and run?

Feyith, I'd love to hear more about this dual wield spectral throw - things like skill gems, is it decent for soloing (as thats what i do most often)? What's the dps and durabiltiy like on the dual wielder? Better yet do you have a build page for this?

Thanks again!
I've been told 2H does more damage but Dual Wield is more my style. I solo maps in magic find gear pretty well.

Here's the attacks I'm using:

Spoiler

Spectral Throw is just based off of weapon damage and if you get Iron Grip, it adds your strength bonus too. It's what I use to clear groups or gain mana.

Dual Strike is my single target/boss killing attack. I have Item Rarity but you could put on any damage support too.

Viper Strike is for mobs with massive armor or energy shield or physical damage reflection. (I do about 10K DPS with Dual Strike, so hitting myself would be bad news.)

For survivability, I have these auras and reactive casts:

Spoiler

I'll be back in a few minutes with defense stats and build.

Edit: Okay, so here is what I am heading toward. I have everything but the big Dexterity nodes right now. I plan builds around ~100 points just because 70 is a pretty reasonable level to get to and 80 gets painfully slow. So far, with my maps gear I have about ~2K life, max resists in Merciless, ~60% IIQ and ~200% IIR (with Dual Strike supported as above).

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wOHBS0IZw6tEdUUdRc-GDwY2xutG_ohYCSdJd8xnjJ-NZI26DiWOlI6szrtQKBDnEZpR35KfUrITeNT31b6WK9Y21uvYEtiWmNwZU1noG5pbqpwcnTtdPF4DXrvfXWC5ITZhO-FMod2iq-QCpARkzqVZpuDnrmkGaZXpzCpbqvFrOq18rcXu-O9J76Kvqe-vMAPwYvB2MSixLjQR9JN037T_NX43Q3uDu967-P3vvno_MX-j_66hymMWElnEiBei8_4

My damage could be higher if I specialized in a weapon type but I like just being able to pick up any 1H and use it. I did not take any projectile damage or melee damage nodes. The thing to keep in mind about Spectral Throw is it's a projectile attack that does physical damage based on your melee weapons. That's confusing because anything that says "increased physical damage with melee weapons" will buff its damage but "increased melee damage" will not. Hope that made sense. XD

If you solo a lot, the Unarmed/Infernal/Dominating Blow build is loltastic and mindless fun but kind of expensive gear dependent. I would do that as a break for change of pace once you get your main character up to map level.
Last edited by feyith on Jan 12, 2014, 8:31:34 PM
"
feyith wrote:
I've been told 2H does more damage but Dual Wield is more my style. I solo maps in magic find gear pretty well.

Here's the attacks I'm using:

Spoiler

Spectral Throw is just based off of weapon damage and if you get Iron Grip, it adds your strength bonus too. It's what I use to clear groups or gain mana.

Dual Strike is my single target/boss killing attack. I have Item Rarity but you could put on any damage support too.

Viper Strike is for mobs with massive armor or energy shield or physical damage reflection. (I do about 10K DPS with Dual Strike, so hitting myself would be bad news.)

For survivability, I have these auras and reactive casts:

Spoiler

I'll be back in a few minutes with defense stats and build.

Edit: Okay, so here is what I am heading toward. I have everything but the big Dexterity nodes right now. I plan builds around ~100 points just because 70 is a pretty reasonable level to get to and 80 gets painfully slow. So far, with my maps gear I have about ~2K life, max resists in Merciless, ~60% IIQ and ~200% IIR (with Dual Strike supported as above).

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wOHBS0IZw6tEdUUdRc-GDwY2xutG_ohYCSdJd8xnjJ-NZI26DiWOlI6szrtQKBDnEZpR35KfUrITeNT31b6WK9Y21uvYEtiWmNwZU1noG5pbqpwcnTtdPF4DXrvfXWC5ITZhO-FMod2iq-QCpARkzqVZpuDnrmkGaZXpzCpbqvFrOq18rcXu-O9J76Kvqe-vMAPwYvB2MSixLjQR9JN037T_NX43Q3uDu967-P3vvno_MX-j_66hymMWElnEiBei8_4

My damage could be higher if I specialized in a weapon type but I like just being able to pick up any 1H and use it. I did not take any projectile damage or melee damage nodes. The thing to keep in mind about Spectral Throw is it's a projectile attack that does physical damage based on your melee weapons. That's confusing because anything that says "increased physical damage with melee weapons" will buff its damage but "increased melee damage" will not. Hope that made sense. XD

If you solo a lot, the Unarmed/Infernal/Dominating Blow build is loltastic and mindless fun but kind of expensive gear dependent. I would do that as a break for change of pace once you get your main character up to map level.

any idea how your dual wield damage stacks up against 2h damage on ST?
What armor road do you take -armor, evasion, or energy shield?
if you were to specialize, what would you cut out and roughly where in the passives tree would you pic it up?

this is great food for thought, thanks!
I have a good balance of armor and evasion simply because they both have diminishing returns after your numbers get high enough. (Meaning you get more total mitigation bonus out of 2000 armor + 2000 evasion than you would out of 4000 armor or 4000 evade alone.) I didn't purposefully focus much on energy shield, but randomly having it on items is a nice bonus.

As for weapon specialization, if you can't decide between 1H or 2H, you could always put all the Dual Wield related points into Swords instead. Then you can pick up any sword and play around with it.

Edit: You get 18 regret points by the time you beat the game, so don't sweat the details too much. :)
Last edited by feyith on Jan 12, 2014, 9:16:24 PM
any chance you could break it down it sections of first 20 points, next 20 points, etc?
For early leveling, I would get Shaper first.
Then go straight to Iron Grip.
Grab any stuff you find cool along the way.
Then the Duelist tree for utility, life regeneration and resists.
Lastly, round it out with the life ring with Path of the Warrior and/or the Archer tree.

That's just personal opinion. I found Shaper and Leather and Steel made everything else come a lot easier.
"
Tiossi, are you running a 2h spectral throw? can you post some gear and gem examples? How do you normally play it - solo/party? In the fray or hit and run?

This is my gear:

Spoiler

Weapon switch is used for mfing. All of this was found with this character so I didn´t need to spend any currency on it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info